All reviews peacock restaurant steam shower safari suite asian suite eastern shore sitting room gracious hosts cookies filet room massages air jet tub quick weekend large bedroom art museum guest services soaking tub bottle of champagne
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We spent our 25th anniversary here and were thrilled! Ron, Shelby and Sharon went above and beyond to make our anniversary special. We stayed in the Asian suite and it was gorgeous and the food was absolutely delicious at the Peacock Inn! The inn is beautifully decorated - everywhere you look, there is something wonderful to behold.

The owners called us ahead of time to ask about our interests. We are cyclists and when we arrived, they had maps of amazing local rides and a place to lock our bikes. Ron also recommended alternative routes that we enjoyed.

This place is 5 Star all the way! We can't wait to go back. Thanks again for an amazing anniversary.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
professor36, Owner at Inn at 202 Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

What great fun hosting you two. Lots of laughs, conversation and true enjoyment. Look forward to you bringing your friends for a yoga weekend, biking and all around great fun time.
Thank you for your wonderful comments and thoughts. We too had a great time.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Hosted a bridal shower at the Inn. Everything was easy in the planning stage and the day of the bridal shower was perfect. I had nothing to worry about. The food and beverages served were perfect and everyone had a great time and still talk about how wonderful and unusual the event was. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017

Thank you for your kind words and review, Cathy. We try very hard to ensure that our events, brides and guests leave here with a happy, positive experience and we are thrilled that you and party had a happy experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while the kids were at my parents. We stayed in the safari suite and I loved all the elephant decor! The rooms were spacious and really lovely. The breakfasts were homemade, adventurous and delicious. There's a short, flat but handy running trail close to the Inn. We enjoyed our lunches at a local BBQ place and prowling through the small but interesting vintage book store nearby. I loved learning about the African American history of the town. Dinner at the Peacock Inn was a treat - my husband literally said "WHOA" at his first bite of prime rib. Shelby organized sailing and in-room massages for us. While we loved having some parents-only time, Ron eagerly encouraged us to bring our kids next time, he is so welcoming. We also loved learning about the extensive restoration of the beautiful building. Staying here was a treat!

Room tip: If you like elephants and a relaxing tub soak after a run or bike ride, pick Safari.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth P
professor36, Owner at Inn at 202 Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

How much fun having you two here this weekend. Lots of fun, laughs and just plain enjoyment. We're so very happy that you enjoyed yourselves and got recharged for the kids. Hope you had an easy drive back home to western PA. When you come back bring the children unless of course you'll need to recharge again.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I was very lucky to have the opportunity to stay at 202 Dover while hosting a wine dinner in the restaurant at the Inn. The home itself is stunning and the decor inside meticulous and charming. The greeting from Shelby, Ron and the staff was warm and welcoming and they were terrific hosts to me during my trip.

I stayed in the Safari Room; the spacious sitting room, comfortable bedding, and luxurious bathroom were all enhanced by the decorative “safari” touches. I seemed to notice some new detail each time I entered the room. A few unique luxuries in the room include a steam shower, soaking tub, fireplace, and sipping sherry.

The food the chef prepared for the wine dinner was spectacular, and perfectly paired with the wine selections. The event took place in the elegant dining room, where I also enjoyed a lovely breakfast with the family the next morning.

I didn’t have much time to explore the area, but the small, enchanting town is a short walk from the Inn.

I highly recommend a stay at the Inn at 202 Dover. I couldn’t have asked for better hosts than Shelby and Ron, and I hope to visit again someday.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
professor36, Owner at Inn at 202 Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

How much fun we had hosting you Jennifer. Yes, the wine dinner was wonderful and the wines from your company paired extraordinarily well with the offerings from Chef Potts. I especially enjoyed listening to you describe the wines and the winery. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity again, in the not too distant future, to have you visit with us. Thank you for your professionalism.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We recently held our wedding and reception at The Inn at 202 Dover in the spring of 2018.
Words that come to mind are sophistication, elegance, class, in a relaxed atmosphere, everything we were looking for on our special day.

Owners Shelby and Ron were so accommodating, spending hours with us during the planning sessions and during our rehearsal, providing valuable insight and guidance. We even held a test photo shoot at the Inn several weeks in advance of the wedding and they were so kind allowing us to shoot test photos throughout the inn with our photographer.
The day of the event the entire staff was so accommodating, Sharon and Robert ensured that we were comfortable and attended to our every need.

The wedding was beautiful; we held the wedding inside the stunning conservatory, the conservatory glass walls and glass rooftop allowed us to bring the beauty of the gardens and nature inside serving as a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony.
Ron and Shelby ensured everything proceeded on time and coordinated our guests allowing us to concentrate on each other and enjoy the special day.

After the ceremony we had cocktail hour, our guests mingled in the library and grand piano room and enjoyed champagne, wine, beer as well as appetizers consisting of crab stuffed mushrooms and chicken satay, all delicious. We chose to have an afternoon tea for the reception celebration in the superbly decorated dining room. The selection of tea sandwiches were delicious, followed by scones which were warm and freshly baked followed by pastries all created from scratch by the chef the day of our wedding.

The staff quickly reset the glass conservatory (where the ceremony was held) during cocktail hour allowing us to delight our guests with our first dance as the sun’s rays illuminated us through the glass rooftop conservatory, truly magical.

We spent our wedding night at the historic inn, enjoying the Safari suite, which was luxurious. The Safari Suite has a sophisticated sitting room with a vaulted cathedral ceiling. The bedroom has an amazing king size bed and a romantic fireplace. All of the fabrics and furnishings are themed to accentuate a safari experience. A large bathroom with a steam shower and corner air jet tub were perfect for relaxation at the end of the day.

In the morning we were warmly greeted by Ron and Shelby with fresh fruit, juices, coffee and amazing blueberry pancakes for breakfast in the Peacock Restaurant.

Our wedding guests were so complementary of the entire day, The Inn at 202 Dover and Peacock restaurant is stunning, a perfect location for a classy, sophisticated yet relaxed event. We can’t say enough good things, on a scale from 1 to 10 we rate the Inn at 202 Dover and the staff a 12!!
Thank You, Ron, Shelby, Sharon, Robert and the entire staff.

Room tip: All of the suites are beautiful, we stayed in the Safari suite and it was amazing!!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
professor36, Owner at Inn at 202 Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

When we met over a year ago you are your fiance intrigued me with your request for a "wedding tea reception," While we are known for our teas among other things, I thought it was a smashing idea. At the time you thought you'd have 20-30 guests. As time rolled on, the list grew and grew and we finally wound up with more than seventy guests. All of us at the inn had such a great time with you and your guests and are thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed their experience.
I truly appreciate the detail with which you described your wedding. It's people like you that make what we do very worthwhile.
Thank you and we all look forward to seeing you both soon.
Ron