“Cozy atmosphere, good service and wonderful food.”
Review of Harry's

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Denton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy atmosphere, good service and wonderful food.”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

My husband took me here for my birthday and I loved it. We were seated by the fireplace in a quaint dining room. The service was attentive - but not overly so. The food was the best I have had since moving to the Eastern shore 3 years ago. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank kanuski

Bend, Oregon
“Harry's is Now in Denton”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Harry's has moved since my last review and the new location is better than the last - and I liked the last location! They are now downtown in Denton, right across from the library. The menu is similar but the have added a 4-6 PM 'Harry Hour' every day that they are open which is great for a light early meal or an after-work drink with friends.

The staff is the same so the service is still excellent, and I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The cream of crab soup is the best I have ever tasted (in fact it has ruined me for cream of crab anywhere else), same with the gumbo, the crab cakes are excellent - seriously, the whole menu is fantastic.

The new location is a little smaller than the last - I would strongly recommend a reservation, especially on the weekends. This is the best restaurant I have visited on the Eastern Shore - try it. It is my single favorite restaurant.

• Visited December 2010
3 Thank Bigguy425
Bend, Oregon
“Th Best Restaurant I Have ever visited”
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I have been a regular customer of Harry's for years, and I can say that this is my single favorite restaurant - and by far the best restaurant I have visited on the Delmarva Peninsula. The setting is a historic mansion, the Goldborough House - the house itself and the grounds are worth a visit on their own. There is a small bar with a friendly atmosphere and great drinks - you will often find a lively conversation there and are always welcome to join in. This is Harry's domain - be sure to introduce yourself as Harry is an interesting person.

In the dining rooms: the wait staff is excellent, the wine list extensive, and the menu spectacular. The kitchen is the domain of Jeri Wyre, Harry's wife, and the food is excellent from appetizers to desserts. Jeri's cream of crab and Louisiana gumbo are 2 of the best things I have ever eaten - and that is just the start of the meal!

If I calculated correctly, I have been visiting Harry's regularly for the past 14 years and I have never had a bad meal. This is a great place for a dinner with friends, a romantic night out or just to get away.for a night as my wife and I often do. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough - it is simply the best.

Try it - you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Bigguy425
Bend, Oregon
“Best food on Delmarva peninsula!”
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Harry's is in a large historic Victorian house owned by Harry and Jeri Wyre. Jeri and Jeanine cook up fantastic food.

Jeri's incredible soups and appetizers are memorable, the various main courses are delicious and you certainly want to save room for the desserts! They have nightly specials in addition to their regular menu and a well stocked bar and a good selection of wines.

Harry's is always a treat and I highly recommend visiting!

2 Thank KindaNastyTraveler