“A looong evening at Skippers”

Skippers Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Skippers Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Deale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We made plans to eat at Skippers since my daughter was in town and it was one her favorite places before she moved to Dallas. We arrived at 6:30, They don't take reservations for less than 6 to a party. We were told the wait was an hour (even though there were many empty tables). I left my phone number at the desk and went to the bar for a drink while we waited. Within 20 minutes, my phone rang and I was told our table was ready. Normally that would be a good thing, but we had ordered appetizers and hey had not arrived, The server said she would bring them to our table. We went to our table, At our table, we placed our order, enjoyed our drinks and awaited our appetizer, It never came, until we changed tables and moved inside. Finally, it came. Then came the salads we ordered, but our dinner order didn't come and didn't come even though the server kept "checking on it." After an hour, I decided to talk to a manager, who told me the kitchen was very backed up but she would go see what was going on. She returned to say the two orders of shrimp and grits were ready, but they were out of snow-crab legs. No one told our server, and our server didn't investigate what was holding up our order. The manager came with the other two orders, and asked the third person in our party what she would like. I suggested our meals would be cold by the time she was served. We went ahead and took our meals (not the shrimp and grits I remembered from Skippers in the past). The third person in our party ordered king crab legs since the manager offered them at the snow crab price, Finally they came. We had finished our meals and sat while our daughter finished her meal. By then, we had been there for 2&1/2 hours! Then the check came. It included the hush puppies I had ordered, but never received. The mess of an evening at Skippers was somewhat softened by the manager picking up the cost of the crab legs. We won't be back. Not only was the service miserable, the food was only mediocre.

1  Thank John O

Reviewed 2 June 2018

we came in a large group over memorial day weekend -- they had fewer staff than they had planned but gosh how hardworking were they! The crab cakes were superb!!! I would happily come back again. Also a very nice view of the water.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

An absolute wonderful experience! From the server(Alex,an amazingly friendly,professional gal!) to the delightful chef, our food was beautifully presented & perfectly prepared! The new menu is an absolute gem! Looking forward to another visit!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant by the water. Excellent selection of seafood, rockfish, oysters, and seafood trio are highly recommended. Nice bar area. Often busy in the weekends when the weather is nice. Outside seating is very pleasant, service is efficient and friendly, even when busy.

1  Thank Michel W
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Right on the water with lots of outdoor seating. Big selection and variety on the menu, and the food was great.