“Clean No Frills and Quiet”
Review of Paddlewheel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crisfield
Paddlewheel Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Clean with simple rooms. Refrigerator and microwave with TV. No elevator for 2nd floor. Located walking distance of a couple restaurants and water. Nothing going on downtown. Rooster crows every morning in neighborhood. It was hilarious.

Room Tip: All rooms dated, but clean. Mattress comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank travel4me53

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

No wifi, no room phone, no front desk clark after 5, no hot water few minutes after taking shower... that didn't bother me much or would put me in to situation where I could have end up in emergency if I hadn't get out of there middle of night and check in to defferent motel!!
I don't know what they sprayed the room with but I woke up middle of the night coughing my guts out... I noticed strong scent when I checked in earlier yeasterday but I thought it would fade by the time we get back from Cruise to one of the Island and have dinner and all.
we got back arround 9 last night the smell was still pretty strong. took shower went to sleep little after 10 woke up coughing and choking at the same time. I couldn't even get my srlf up and My son quickly got cold water and help me up, went out side and got some fresh air and came back in and went back to sleep again and woke up again caughing and choking again.. I thought may be change bed with my Son might solve the problem but it didn't and this time I was caoghing and choking but I couldn't wake up.. my son was shaking me and went to open door to let some fresh air come in and told me that we need to get out of there otherwise I would it'll it will only get worse and he was afraid that I may be end up in emergency room. We google the motels in Crisfield and found one near by which Somers Cove Motel has 24hour front desk open so I call and they did had room for us so we packed our stuff and checked in at Somers cove Motel well after midnight... The smell of the whatever that was bothering me stayed with me so I out on balcony the breath in some fresh air forva while and went back to sleep and sleep comfortably in to the morning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

The room was reasonably clean and comfortable but out dated. The bathroom was very small. The room smelled very strongly of air freshener. The shower was lousy. We reserved months in advance and requested an upstairs room but when we arrived at around 9 pm on a Friday night, no one was in the office and a note on the door instructed us to take a lower level room. This would not have mattered if the roudy and noisy folks from the nearby drinking and crab feast were not above. This along with noise from the nearby drive through liquour store made our stay unpleasent. The staff tried to help but the noise didn't stop.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

It is a motel in a town that is trying to make an economical comeback. The Paddlewheel is clean and basic, but ambiance, view and amenities are non existent. A single serve coffee pot would certainly help, as there isn't coffee available nearby except at one less than desirable establishment.

Stayed: October 2015
3  Thank VirginiaTravelersrus
Reviewed 17 August 2015

This motel is centrally located near everything visitors could want. The staff is friendly and very interested in patrons having a good time. The rooms are average but somewhat dark-could benefit from decorating with a color other than brown; bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked extremely well! Refrigerator was a nice touch. No coffee maker-not sure why. Would also suggest some chairs to sit outside on the porch. People watching is a major activity in this town.

Room Tip: Room 6 is supposedly the best room. We had it and found it to be quite fine.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa627

Been to Paddlewheel Motel? Share your experiences!