“Captain Tyler's is fine!”
Review of Paddlewheel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crisfield
Paddlewheel Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Just spent time in Crisfield at Captain Tyler's Motel...first floor room with laminate floors, flat screen tv, phone, hairdryer, in-wall a/c, excellent quality towels, and spotlessly clean. I based my average rating on comparison with more modern motels of today, but I think they have done almost all they can, given the age of the property. The only complaints I heard from others were the lack of in-room coffee (that really needs to be done), lack of elevator, and unstaffed office some of the time. The manager was very helpful at check-in. The room was cleaned promptly and efficiently each day. It was certainly quiet at night (though this was still off-season) and the location provided walking distance to the water, to restaurants, and to a lovely and informative town museum.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
23  Thank Smith58z

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at the Paddlewheel Motel overnight and arrived without reservations. They were exetremely accomadating and gave us our choice of rooms. The rooms were recently remodeled and had brand new mattresses which were exetremely comfortable. Everything was clean, well stocked, and the staff was super nice. Donna the manager couldn't have been more helpful or kind. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to others. It is also in the center of town and within walking distance to area restaurants and the water front! A+

Room Tip: The lower rooms are all easy to get items in and out of and are very quiet as well....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Michele D
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Finding ourselves in Princess Anne dropping off my son for a workshop weekend, my girlfriend and I decided to bring along our kayaks in hope of finding a nice place to visit and explore the local waters. Whereas we refer to Trip Advisor for all our travel plans, there were not too many hotel/motels listed with good reviews, except Captain Tyler's, formerly known as the Paddlewheel Hotel.

We enjoyed a delightful weekend in our beautiful decorated room, featuring hardwood floors, a large King Bed, comfy recliner, LCD TV, refrigerator with large freezer, microwave and small seating area. Having never heard of Crisfield before, we enjoyed a day of kayaking around Janes Island State Park and dining in this very quaint town...our visit to the local museum further enforcing our desire to return in the future.

The quality of this hotel could easily command a price twice as much as we paid...and though we stayed off season, I understand the in season rate to only be about $10 more...what a deal! We can't wait to return to enjoy the area during the fall, winter and spring.

As kayakers, we particularly enjoy quiet wilderness paddles, as well as more vigorous paddles on wind swept bays. The Chesapeake, local State Parks and many estuaries offer a variety of outdoor opportunities to explore.

We found our visit on a whim to be one of the nicest short vacations we have enjoyed in a long time...

Room Tip: Another reviewer mentioned that the first floor had updated rooms...and ours was wonderful. In speak...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank RiverRoadPhotography
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Who travels without a camera? Not Tripadvisor members. My family and I were in Crisfield (on the eastern shore) for a funeral. We searched motels in the area before leaving the Grand Strand. Only 3 motels in this quaint town. The Paddlewheel is now known as The Captain Tyler. It's a 2 story motel without elevators, breakfast, or a pool. It is however clean. Comfy beds. Room 10 upstairs (on the end) had a flatscreen, mini frig, microwave, and an ole crushed velvet couch. The ac/heat unit was like a window unit in the wall and it blew constantly. The office which also serves as a place to purchase Tangier cruise tixs is NOT manned 24/7. The downstairs King rooms are upgraded with pillowtop mattresses and flatscreens. Can't wait for the doubles to be upgraded!

**TIP: ask for better towels (we got them with no problem)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank CeeCeeEdwards
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My husband and I spent a weekend in Crisfield, Maryland and stayed at the Paddlewheel Motel. It was very clean and neat which I look for in a place to stay when I am traveling. The price was right and the bed was out of this world. It was also close to everything. I would recommend this Motel to anyone who is looking to vacation in Crisfield, Maryland.
Ginger Hart
Millsboro, DE

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ghart1950
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crisfield
28.4 km away
0.7 km away
Somers Cove Motel
Somers Cove Motel
#2 of 4 in Crisfield

Been to Paddlewheel Motel? Share your experiences!