“Awesome Carolina Pulled Pork and Fries too!”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 15 Quick Bites in Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stopped in to try Mission Barbecue as my teenager boys have been there and like it very much, My husband and I were greeted by friendly counter staff and they explained how you order etc. The female worker recommended the Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich and so we tried it. Cole Slaw comes on it in the bun, It was delicious and so big Bun was great too. I could only eat half of it. The pork was juicy and tender and so flavorful. They smoke the meat for many hours. The table has an assortment of different barbecue sauces so we tried most of them. All were very good. Fries cooked just right and delicious. I had a side a baked beans and they were delicious too. They bring the food to your table. Friendly staff and the place was busy. They also have barbecue ribs, chicken and more. Definitely a keeper. My husband is military and you get a 10% discount after you fill out a card with your email. They just emailed him a free sandwich for next time. Cannot wait to go back. AA+++

Date of visit: March 2017
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We appreciate the Service and Sacrifice that your family has provided to Our Country. We are honored to be able to serve folks like your husband on a daily basis! We are especially happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the chow. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We had a big work meeting where we brought in mIssion BBQ again. I always find it the best around. The pulled pork and pulled chicken were juicy and tasty. I especially like the coleslaw as I am allergic to dairy and theirs is dairy free. The baked beans are good as well. What really makes their food is their BBQ sauces are so interesting and diverse.

Date of visit: March 2017
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to be able to feed you and your team again. We are especially happy to hear that your team enjoyed everything! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

1st time here and flat right at home. Greeted at the door by M and guided us in the drill. Delicious BBQ and sides. Very patriotic place and you all stand at noon and sing the national anthem - oorha! Loved the food and atmosphere. BBQ of the usual types and great sauces at the table. Lots of PD, fire and military patches on the walls and booths so bring one to post when you come.

Date of visit: March 2017
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are happy to hear that your first visit with us was truly a memorable one. We are even happier to hear that everything was well enjoyed! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Located in the same center as Target GreatLand near Dobbin, very nice place for a great lunch. Been there 3 times and there's always a line. But the staff is well trained and line moves qucikly and smoothly. Recommend the pulled pork sandwiches but haven't heard anything negative about any entree. Blueberry cobbler is very good. Get there before noon daily to take part in the Star Spangled Banner.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My family and I had only to visit this restaurant once to know it would be an experience we would seek on a regular. Firstly I have to comment on the smoked BBQ that takes a special technique to master, and they have not disappointed on any of our visits. If your family is like mine then one type of BBQ sauce never seems to please everyone universally, and with 6 different types on the table and an additional three you can request from the back that is never an issue. The portions for the price are very equitable. The desert options rotate seasonally from I've seen and this keeps our interest with the mystery of what we may find on every trip. Lastly and most importantly is the exceptional customer service that goes above and beyond what one would expect for a restaurant with no wait staff. What they do have is a collection of younger personnel mixed in with veterans from military, fire, and law enforcement. Once you place your order, your name is called and you collect your food for dine in or carryout. There are staff member walking around to talk with dine in patrons, get fountain drinks, continue to clean the restaurant, and collect spent trays with trash. Once the manager discovered I was active duty military she requested a photo from me and now when my family visits there is a photo of my wife and I at a military ball displayed on the wall. With my highest recommendation this should be one of your stops for good food and friendly service.

Date of visit: February 2017
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

First and foremost, Thank you so much for the Service and Sacrifice that you provide to Our Country. We are honored to be able to serve folks like you and your family on a daily basis. We are so happy to hear that every visit with us has truly been a great one. We are even happier to hear that you shared a picture with us to display on Our Walls - they are so special to us. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.