“Great dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Dinner at Xitomate was very good. The service was friendly and prompt. The shrimp and chicken a la creme was excellent.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

If you are interested in really lousy, rude, apathetic, pouty service, this is the place for you!

My team — a group of 11 who was ready to spend several hundred dollars at a Monday night Happy Hour — left the restaurant after 40 minutes of absurdly obnoxious service.

The margaritas were tasty but the salt on the rims was nothing compared to the salty, surly, curt server who fussed at one of the people in our group for changing seats at the table. Really?

I explained to the (also) apathetic bartender why we were checking out — he merely defended the horrible service and confirmed our choice to go to the other restaurant/bar within walking distance to wine and dine for two more hours. ($385 worth!)

Horrible servicio! Never going back.

1  Thank kris327
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I had quesadillas with moist flavorful chicken, with some lovely spices I couldn’t quite identify. My wife had spinach mushroom enchiladas, again with some subtleties that made the food refreshing and interesting. Not Tex-Mex at all. They called it Veracruz style. It wouldn’t take that much work to translate this food into a fine dining setting.

The decor was bright and cheery. We went on a Saturday night. Our waitress’s English couldn’t handle questions about the menu. When we asked why the food was so long in coming, she said the kitchen was backed up. And somehow the hostess thought it would be ok to seat us in the preschool zone...I counted 8 kids under 5 within 10 feet, including the one banging and climbing on the back of my side of the booth.

So...5 stars for the food, but take away two for slow kitchen and poor customer service. We’ll be back for the food (and great margaritas) but on a weeknight, or sitting in the bar.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Food was okay, nothing special. Guacamole was good.my daughter had chicken enchiladas and seemed to like them. I had shrimp fajitas. They were okay. Mia was our server. She's cute and friendly, but 17 so getting an alcoholic beverage took more time than necessary. We had a nice time and I'd go back but I would not run back and it wouldn't be my first choice. Unfortunately, Howard County doesn't have many high quality restaurants.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I can’t understand all the good reviews for this place. We’ve been here a number of times and each time we’ve been disappointed. The food is nothing special and on many an occasion it has been pretty bland. Service is also pretty inconsistent. I don’t think we’ll ever go back to this place again - there are much better choices for Mexican food in the area.

1  Thank Sujata R