“In the Bar”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #110 of 271 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a chain restaurant, located near Costco/Lowes etc.
Description: This is a chain restaurant, located near Costco/Lowes etc.
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick dinner last weekend before taking in a movie. We sat in the bar area and enjoyed the casual ambience. The complimentary homemade chips and salsa were really good and we ordered the Queso and Guacamole to top off. My Fish Tacos were really good and my wife enjoyed her Epinadas. The Margaritas were good too. Service was efficient. We'll come for a real sit down dinner and try some of the entres soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

The food was ok. The soup was the best part. The servers were very friendly. Overall it could be better

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

To be honest, you could get better Mexican food at other places, but the service here is great. The food is still good, despite the corn in the rice.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Stopped in for lunch today after church and was apprehensive as our last visit was not good. Happy to report that the experience was much better. The staff were friendly and the service was 100% better than before. The food was good and the watermelon margaritas was nice on a hot day.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

We were here for dinner on a Tuesday night, which you'd think would make it not crowded. Apparently, they have a Taco Tuesday promotion so it **was** crowded, and noisy. The service was slow and my food was totally messed up.

When the waiter heard we hadn't been there in many years, he immediately excused himself saying they do something special for first timers, but didn't tell us what that was before he left. Meanwhile, we were served their chicken and rice soup, which we didn't order. When the waiter finally came back to our table, I said that we didn't order the soup, and he said he didn't know why we were sent that, but said we could keep it, because they'd just throw it out. I then asked what the "something special" was for first timers (because it clearly wasn't the soup, which was very good btw) and he said they give you a queso bowl. OK fine. This took a long time to come out.

When we finally got our entrees, mine was totally wrong and had to send it back. Thankfully, I had the soup, queso, and chips to keep my hunger at bay. Not a great experience. I would have given this a review 2 stars for the service and snafus with the food order, but my daughter loved her entree of some kind of burrito, and my quesidillas were OK.