“Definitely worth looking for!”
Review of Royal Taj

Royal Taj
Ranked #1 of 291 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you find yourself in the Columbia area of Baltimore, this is a place you want to go!
Not found on the main streets, but it is definitely worth the effort to find.
Like Shrimp, but tired of the same old, same old? try shrimp dipped in yogurt, then fried in a tempura style batter served with 3 different sauces, and that is just an appetizer.
Their lamb is outstanding! I had lamb with a spinach sauce. At first glance I wondered,
a)what I had ordered, and 2) would I need something else for dinner. It was Fabulous!
Service was impeccable, even the non alcoholic drinks were worth writing home about.
I would give this a 12 on a 1-10 scale. I am not known for "gushing" but this one earned it, and you should go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of my very favorite restaurants, thanks in a large part to Binda Singh, who is unfailingly friendly and who has an incredible gift for remembering his customers. The lunch buffet has a large variety of options, although certain standard customer favorites -- chicken tikka masala, saag, etc. -- are always on offer. The weekday lunch buffet generally just includes several varieties of chicken, but the weekend lunch buffet usually offers fish or goat in addition to chicken. Dinner portions are generous; I nearly always leave with leftovers. The restaurant is very attractive, and the gas fireplaces are a nice touch. Service is VERY attentive -- I don't think my water glass has ever gotten below 3/4 full.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When you read reviews that say this is the best Indian food in Howard County, they are truthful. The food is outstanding quality. The selection is impressive and the service is outstanding. You may have to wait because this is not a well-kept secret, but it is worth it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Marble and gold trim interior, beautiful artwork and furniture. Decorated largely with Indian art, huge book collections, and an amazing selection of aged whiskey bottles and wine collections. The staff is very attentive and the food is amazing. I finally got to take my wife here today after a couple of visits with my work crew, and she's decided we MUST go here at least once a year from now on. Definitely my favorite Indian restaurant in Maryland. Best lunch buffet around.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is absolutely the best Indian food in the area. The food, service and atmosphere are excellent. It’s a nice leisurely meal in a relaxing somewhat elegant setting. The owners are hands on and it shows.

Been to Royal Taj? Share your experiences!