“Fine Dining in Columbia!”

Cured 18th and 21st
Reserve with OpenTable
Cured 18th and 21st is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 291 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: USD 15 - USD 55
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I had dinner at 18th and 21st on Saturday and were very, very impressed. The atmosphere is so fun, just like an old time speakeasy. When you arrive (at the entrance of Cured), they take you through a door that is labeled as an Exit. You then are guided through a darkened hallway to another very nondescript door. Once that door is opened, Voila! You are in a beautiful supper club! It really starts the vibe out as very 'speakeasy'. We had early reservations so we didn't get a chance to hear the music, but definitely plan to come back and check it out. The food and service here was top notch. Jana was our server and she couldn't have been better. She was super knowledgeable about the menu, drinks, and the backstory of the restaurant. They have an extensive cocktail list that looks quite impressive. I wasn't drinking but my husband got the old fashioned and said it was fantastic. We each ordered an appetizer and they were really wonderful. I got the shrimp and crab ceviche and my husband ordered the beef carpaccio. Both were among the best versions we have ever had. The portions were generous and everything tasted so fresh! Our entrees were equally delicious. I had the pork chop porterhouse with baked mac n cheese and spinach. My husband got the lamb chops with risotto and brussels sprouts. The food here is really spectacular. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection. The mac n cheese was so creamy and had a nice crust from being baked. The spinach was just wilted and not cooked to death and mushy as many places serve it. I tasted my husband's risotto and it was utterly decadent. It was so creamy and rich. I didn't try his lamb because I'm not a fan. He said it was great, though.The desserts are also wonderful and absolutely HUGE. We took one entire dessert home with us because we just couldn't finish everything. We are definitely coming back! It's great that we finally have a really nice fine dining establishment in Columbia.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I’m on the mailing list for this restaurant and received an email offer for a free drink if I said “rain rain go away”. My husband and I hadn’t tried this place yet so made reservations for dinner. Our server was unaware of the drink offer so showed her the email. She was pleasant about it and honored the offer. Appetizers were small for an oyster dish. My tortilla soup needed avocado chunks to complete it but it had good flavor. The atmosphere is very nice, laid back and comfortable. The live music was good. When our entrees arrived I had to ask for a steak knife. When I cut into the steak (had ordered medium rare) it was brown and dry. No flavor. The server got a manager who offered to cook another or replace it with another entree. My husband got the divers scallops and had given me one to try. I opted for that and they were tasty. However service was very slow, our meals delivered by others from the kitchen and it was a lengthy amount of time to get our server’s attention to let her know that the steak was over cooked. There is no complimentary bread and the meal was pricey. They did comp my meal which we appreciated. We may try this restaurant again. I did notice that others who ordered steaks did not routinely get a steak knife when the dish was served.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, service and cocktails. Sat in lounge after for specialty cocktails and listened to live music. Fantastic night! Highly recommend. Know it is a little pricey.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We were excited to try a new restaurant in the area and picked this one for our couples’ night out. We were sorely disappointed. Server was unfamiliar with the menu. Food was average. Entrees/meals were being placed in front of the wrong guest. It was like musical plates! There is potential and will hopefully reach it once a few things are sorted out.

Cheese and meat plate was good. Beet salad was delicious. Salmon entree was decent. Skip the sausage pizza. Fries always a hit with me! Wine selection small.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Went with a group of 8 for lunch and the waiter was very flexible about separate checks for couples and singles. There was also flexibility in leaving items out of a particular dish or changing side dishes. Service was good but the food was quite slow in coming, even though the restaurant was less than half full. Several of us ordered the burgers. Mine was delicious but was not cooked to order. I asked for medium and it was rare to medium rare at most. But I was too hungry to complain or send it for more cooking. One thing I loved was the choice of sides for the burgers which included fruit. Most places give you a tiny portion in a side dish, but this was the largest I've ever seen, more than a cup of delicious fresh fruit. I can't give it an "excellent" but I will give them another chance.