“Best Salvadoran meal in town”

Pupuseria La Familiar
Ranked #34 of 124 Restaurants in College Park
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This was a very authentic Salvadoran restaurant. The food was plentiful and prepared to authentic standards. Made me feel like i was back in El Salvador.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Went by chance, ordered a variety plate. The chicken and steak were delicious!! We weren't too keen on the pupusa but we want to go back for the steak. The prices were very reasonable, $20 for two of us.

1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 3 February 2017

One of the best (and cheapest) meals in College Park! I dined there with a party of four and, with three courses, the total bill was under $30. I can't speak to the entrees but the pupusas are fabulous! I generally pair two pupusas with an order of fried plantains. If you haven't tried them before, at these prices, you can afford to be adventurous. The restaurant is always clean and the staff is friendly, efficient and willing to answer questions if you're new to the cuisine. I eat here regularly and love to bring friends. I'm now hesitant to order pupusas other places because I'm always disappointed. La Familiar is so far, hands down, the best! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

great Salvadoran food!!! several original dishes from El Salvador: pupusas de maíz y de arroz, salpicón, arroz negrito, mariscada. You really can taste a piece of El Salvador in College Park... I would say is the best a little hidden Salvadoran treasure in College Park

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

They're food is pretty good. I had the pupusas which were okay. Nothing out of the ordinary.The service is a bit slow, and poor customer service. Other than that I would go back in the nearest future.

1  Thank Jessica A