“Come for the Chili!”

Hard Times Cafe College Park
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Visited on a Saturday afternoon. Laid back sports bar with pub grub known for their chili. 4 different kinds, all come without beans (1 is vegetarian), which you can add beans, onions, and other toppings as you like. They will also give you a free sampler to figure out which one you like! My wife and I both did the Frito Bowl and added beans the red and the Cincinnati - the red is more traditional, the Cincinnati a bit sweeter. It ended up being $13 for a bowl of chili, which is pretty pricey, but was delicious and extremely filling. They also have root beer on tap, which we LOVED.

For the GF crowd - chili and salads appear to be the only things on the menu that qualify; most of the salads would require the usual modifications. Our server was happy to check on ingredients and preparations for us, so that worked out well.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Have been here several times. Always enjoy it. This time is was a lot cleaner then last. 4 way chili mac with Cincinnati Chili was very good. Just a little spicy but I have a low spice tolerance. Corn bread with was good also. $13 for one dinner. Great deal. Gary our waitress was awesome!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Solid place for lunch or dinner. Interesting chili options but the burgers are average. Would definitely get the fried pickle appetizer.
Nice selection of beers and good happy hour pricing.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I really never knew that chili and spaghetti was a thing before coming here, but now that I know it has become my favorite way to eat it. They have a variety of chili here; I prefer the Terlingua for a little extra kick.
If you're not in the mood for chili they also do great burgers, ribs, wings and other things. And it's an awesome place to catch a game. Definitely turning this into a regular visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I had heard so much about the wings but they were just okay. Service was just okay. Would not go back again...nothing special. Not saying it was bad but nothing great that would make me go back.