“AWESOME!!! ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I are huge seafood lovers!!! The crab cake is one of the best we have eating!!! Our Waiter DJ was also awesome he was very knowledgeable of the menu & very attentive to not only our needs but our two children!!! WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK

Pappas C, Owner at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Jennifer,
Thank you for the charming feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us so much. We're thrilled that Dj provided you with outstanding service and was so helpful. We look forward to your next visit. Have a great week!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pappas is slipping again. Not in service & not in all aspects of the cuisine. They had a limited menu which was expected on such a busy day, but only if the quality of the slightly over priced entrees didn’t suffer.
I'll start with the positive first. The crab cakes were great as usual, and the sides were very good too. I was a little shocked to see the cost of a small bowl of apple sauce for my granddaughter was $3.99, just a little ridiculous in my book.
The stuffed orange roughy was enjoyed thoroughly by my wife.
My daughter ordered a filet mignon and towards the end of her meal she asked me if filets were supposed to taste like this (she’s not a steak connoisseur as myself) i tasted it and it was stringy and dried out, like an over done roast beef. It was too late to send it back, so we just bit the bullet on that one.
To top it all off, she ordered cheese cake for desert and she wasn’t happy with that either. I was starting to think it was just her being too particular, until I tasted it and actually thought I had a Jell-O Brand instant cheese cake in my mouth ($7.00)?
This is all really sad and disappointing from our family view point.
I wished they would have upheld their prior standards of quality.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate the positive words and are happy that you enjoyed our crab cakes and orange roughy. However, were sorry that you were not completely fulfilled with your visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to future impress you. Thank you again and have a nice week!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Pappas is well known for their crab cakes. Last time we dined there, 3 got the crab cakes and one got a standard burger. All 4 diners were pleased and we'll definitely go back!

Pappas C, Owner at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Jeff,
Thank you for the lovely compliments We're delighted to hear that you had a great dining experience with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our crab cakes and burgers so much. We appreciate the kind review. We look forward to your next visit. We hope you have a great week!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I drive here from Baltimore City just for the shrimp ala vodka. I usually do a take out order and the food is always hot and delicious. From the time I call in my order, to me going in and picking up my order is seamless. The staff are always polite and friendly, the restaurant is clean and orderly. I'll continue to order and recommend Pappas to friends.

Thank you for the marvelous feedback. We are delighted to hear that you always have a lovely experience here at Pappas. We're thrilled that your meals are always delicious and you love our Shrimp Ala Vodka. We're so happy to hear that our team members provide you with fabulous service each time and are so polite and friendly. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Had a blast while sitting in the sports bar. In the restaurant side, had pictures of when Oprah had visited. Voted best crab cakes for several years. The crab cakes are not the typical minced cake. This cake has chunks of succulent crab meat. So delicious and very filling! This is definitely the best crab cakes I've ever had. Highly recommend. I also had their house IPA and it was amazing! Great food, great service and nice people. The owners walk around, talk to customers, smile and check on you. I felt so welcomed!

Pappas C, Owner at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for the amazing feedback. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience with us. We are excited to hear that you found our crab cakes so exquisite and full of flavor. We're thrilled to hear that they were the best crab cakes you have ever had. We are glad that our team members provided you with fantastic service and made you feel so welcomed. We look forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful week!