“Overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chestertown
Brick, New Jersey
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Solo trip, spent the weekend "birding" out at the Eastern Neck NWR. This is a new hotel, very nicely done. Room was very comfortable and quiet, I slept very well. The hot breakfast was very good, the cinnamon buns were excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I returned to the area for work once again, and it's as if the girl at the front desk remembered me. She was very pleasant and also upgraded my room due to availablity reasons. She also quickly took care of my room key that had stopped working shortly after I arrived for some reason. The room type itself is one that I've stayed in before. Very nice accomodations and roomy. The bed and pillows are comfortable too. The breakfast was what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express - About average, but the staff here is also friendly and cordial in the dining area, as well as when I checked out in the AM. This hotel is right next to the Comfort Inn, but I will continue to return here and expect the same quality experience that I've come to know with this particular hotel.

Room Tip: I've mentioned this before. Stay away from rooms near parking lot door or from ground floor roo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 January 2012

A friend and I visited the area to help a relative. The hotel was perfect for us girls. Two queen sized beds. Plenty of pillows. Flat screen TV. Free Wi- Fi. She gets up early and reads by the fire in the breakfast area. I get cleaned up and join her for breakfast. She does her own thing in the bathroom. We head out for day. Breakfast was really good for this type of hotel. Across the street was a grocery store and a really good restaurant. The front desk staff was pleasant and very helpful. The heat was very dry, but that's to be expected using those in-room units. Overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Our room was not noisy even though we were on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Last time I stayed in the area, I stayed at a cheaper but totally disgusting place just outside of town...so glad I stayed at the HIX this time. It will definitely be my choice next visit

Room was of sufficient size but far from spacious. The high ceilings made it feel larger but there wasn't a lot of floor space in my room with two beds. Door didn't seem to be level on its hinges as the security bolt (the flippy/slider one) scuffs loudly against itself with every open and close of the door. Sink was slow to drain but we let them know after our first night and it had been corrected when we returned to the room.

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful on check in. Everything in the room was very clean and in good working order. Towels were okay; better than cheap hotels but a little less quality than I'd expected. Bed linens were good, bed comfortable. Heating unit worked well, room stayed at the requested temp without varying, and unit was quiet. Oddly, no fan in the bathroom, which meant it was like a steamroom after a shower.

Room Tip: Scheeler Road very difficult for me to spot on my after-dark arrival--no streetlight. GPS tried to c...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SiriusBlackDog
Angela F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about the hotel and staff. I will share this with them, they enjoy hearing positive feedback for the hardwork. The next time you visit may I sugguest you upgrade to a two queen suite it is more spacious than a standard, with a sitting area. Please feel free to let us know if we can be of any additional help upon your next visit. Respectfully, Anglea Ferrell, General Manager
upstate NY
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is a "typical" Holiday Inn express, with good sized rooms (very clean), the bathroom was well stocked and VERY clean. The 3rd floor was very quiet, and the lady at the front desk was very pleasant. The shower water pressure was weak, and breakfast nothing special for those of us who try to avoid carb overload. Would stay again.

Room Tip: top floor is nice and quiet!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Angela F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you selecting the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your hotel of choice for you recent visit to Chestertown, MD. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us and hope we will be able to see you again in your future visits to the area. Please let me know if we can be of service. Respectfully, Angela Ferrell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chestertown
0.1 km away
1.7 km away
John Stam House
John Stam House
#5 of 11 in Chestertown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chestertown? Share your experiences!