“Be Careful!!”

Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Annapolis, MD
“Be Careful!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a perfectly average place...nothing to send you screaming in either joy or terror. But they join the pantheon of companies who use incentives to fill up the place in the off season and then limit the availability! Saw a special on Living Social, called the hotel beforehand to confirm availability, bought the special, then called the hotel and was told that the room was open, just not available to those who bought this special! Spoke with management to no avail...again, there are many worse hotels out there, but just be aware that their idea of "available" is completely subjective and you may well be screwed. Disingenuous at best.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
ChesapeakeBchResort, General Manager at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear OTTROSE:
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent experience with the Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa reservation process. We have partnered with Living Social to offer our Resort Experiences to our local communities, by offering packages to their members. It is our objective to provide these discounted Hotel Suite Packages as an introduction to our Resort & Spa. As the announcement from Living Social reflects, this promotion is for our King Suites and our Deluxe Suites; unfortunately, we have a limited number of Suites available, and the offer is subject to availability. This package also includes a Welcome Bottle of California Wine, a gift certificate to our CB Salon & Spa and a Certificate to use at one of the three restaurants at the resort. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you on your selected dates, but I would like to discuss any alternate date you may be able to visit the resort, please contact me personally to assist you. Again, thank you for your input.
At your Service:

Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Forestville, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2012

It was nice to get a free room since I am a bingo player. The room was decorated nice but I could hear the people in the next room from us talking, the beds were the worst, and the pillows were hard! I stay in a lot of hotels and usually in the nicer hotels and time shares the beds are soft. I did like the view of the water and the TV but thats it. I would only stay again if it was free.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
ChesapeakeBchResort, General Manager at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa. We always look forward to serving our “Winners Club” guests, and hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Your comments regarding our resort are important to us; please be aware that we are in the process of adding Serta Double Pillow Top beds to all of our Suites and Guest Rooms to make your next visit even more enjoyable.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your Buffet at our Rod n Reel Restaurant on Sunday morning.
If I can be of any assistance to you with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.
At Your Service:

Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I had a very enjoyable and relaxing visit last weekend. Our room was a bit dated, but clean. The bed was comfortable, and the view was incredible (we had a waterfront balcony room).

Pros: The staff. We couldn't get over how friendly and accommodating the staff were. We were constantly greeted by the staff and they were always making sure that our needs were being met. Top notch service in my book! We also liked that we had a Keurig machine in the room and access to flavored creamers in the lobby. The free continental breakfast was nothing fancy, but it was good. As another reviewer noted, it is also great that they post quiet signs in the halls to help curb noise at night.

Cons: The biggest con for us was the free Wifi. It would let us connect via iPad or laptop, but the connection only lasted a couple of minutes before it kicked us off. There were two computers off of the lobby for guest use though, so I was still able to check my email.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Nothing special about it. I was expecting more. The location, the spa and restaurants are perfectly located but the room and service was a let down. This hotel has great potential...but it needs some work. It was nice to see the "quiet between 11-6 "sign on the floor.

Room Tip: ask what kind of view is your room...even if you don't have a waterview...you dont want the side...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
ChesapeakeBchResort, General Manager at Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear Guest;
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay to the Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa. I am concerned that we were not able to exceed your expectations during this visit, and hope that we will have an opportunity to serve your needs in the future. Please contact me to arrange your next reservation, so that we can make your next visit more enjoyable.
At Your Service
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa because we were attending a friend's wedding there. Only that fact kept us from leaving after the first night.

Some highlights:
- We booked the room months in advance as part of a block package for the aforementioned wedding. Yet when we checked in, we were charged the normal rate. When my wife asked about the block rate, the desk clerk told us she had "no way of knowing" what block rate we'd been quoted--and thus couldn't honor the previous price quote.

- The elevators in the hotel were not accessible for use from the third or fourth floors for the duration of our stay. The hotel staff apologized for this (our room was on the third floor), but no other remedy was offered to mitigate the inconvenience. Such a lack of concern and/or customer-service orientation was to be a hallmark of our visit.

- During time spent at the establishment's Sunday brunch buffet, our room was not made up, though we had hung out the placard asking for service.

- Speaking of the buffet, the host staff and service staff--nearly to a person--displayed a lack of professionalism. The hostesses offered not time frame for my wife and I to be seated when we arrived. They then seated another couple ahead of us, as well as two parties of five or more. When our name was finally called, our hostess left us waiting at the stand while she, another hostess and a server debated a seating issue. When I inquired about our being seated, the hostess replied, tersely, "I'm taking you now."

- During our meal, I witnessed other such indications of poor service--including a nearby customer who had to inquire about getting his change after waiting for 10 minutes. I also had a the misfortune of being seated next to the service bay, and was thus subject to overhearing the wait staff make snide observations about the customers.

These direct experiences, plus several I personally witnessed while enjoying coffee in the lobby on successive mornings (e.g., a desk clerk telling a customer phoning to inquire about purchasing a gift card that "the person who does the gift cards isn't in, and I don't know when she'll be back so I can't help you") lead me to conclude that there's a systemic problem with this property's staff and its training. Which is a shame, as the rooms were quite nice and seemed clean, and the food itself was very good and of good quality. It was the human factor that ultimately soured the experience for us. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Out-of-service elevators make lower floors more appealing.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay to the Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa. I am concerned that we were not able to exceed your expectations during this visit, and hope that we will have an opportunity to serve your needs in the future. I apologize that we did experience an elevator problem during your stay with us. Although we attempted to correct the issue through our contracted repair service, the repairs took longer than anticipated to resolve.
I would hope that you would give us a future opportunity to offer you our Chesapeake Beach Hospitality, and ask that you contact me directly to make your next reservation.
At Your Service;
36.8 km away
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
18.1 km away
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick