“Take Out!”

Add it.
Lima's Chicken
Ranked #40 of 111 Restaurants in Catonsville
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped by to grab something for dinner and I was pleasantly surprised. This was my 1st time at the establishment and I tried the steak bowl because I wanted something different. I must say the bowl was flavorful and plentiful as well. It was enough for me to eat on a couple of times before I finally finished. My guy friend had the 1/2 chicken with rice and green beans. The chicken was moist, tender and seasoned very well. The green beans were perfect as well. Normally I'm not a fan of restaurant green beans because they are always undercooked and bland, not so in this case. I will definitely go back and try something else on the menu, it appears you can't go wrong with any selection.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Forget the Colonel !
If you want chicken that is full of flavor, tender, moist and well cooked you must go to Lima's Chicken.
This is the way they do chicken in Peru and it is sensational. Not only is the Main Attraction the best I have had but the sides that you can choose to go with all chicken meals are outstanding.
From the Peruvian style Fried Rice, to the Yuca fries, to the Fried Sweet Plantains everything was expertly prepared.
There are many other Peruvian dishes on the menu that I am anxious to go back and try such as the Lomo a lo Pobre, a sirloin steak served with an egg atop and rice and French fries, a classical Ceviche and several other beef dishes as well some dishes that include some type of pasta, all typical of Peruvian cuisine.
The Potato was born in Peru and it is not only a staple with almost every dish but they are also well done.
My wife and I ordered the half chicken with the Chaufa Especial, Peruvian style fried Rice, and the Yuca fries and Fried Sweet plantains, all for well under $ 20.00 bucks. You also get two different sauces for your chicken. A yellow pepper based one and a cilantro based one, both with a little kick and a great compliment to the taste of the chicken.
A great deal for a great meal.
Can not wait to go back. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
They just released a list of the World's Top 50 Restaurants and two were in Peru. A hidden gem of a cuisine that is now beginning to receive the recognition it deserves.

2  Thank Felix M
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The food was great and the service was excellent. Never had Peruvian food. The place was clean and spacious

1  Thank Bella4life
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Tried Lima's Chicken after reading reviews. Ordered the whole chicken with 2 sides (green bens and pinto beans) as a carry out for dinner. It was great! The chicken was tender and juicy. It had been cut into 4 portions, making it easier to manage. It came with 2 sauces, one spicy and the other mild. The green beans had been cooked with onions and seasoned well. They still had a crunch! The pinto beans were good. Besides the charbroiled chicken, there are Peruvian dishes, tacos, burritos, sandwiches, salads and desserts.
Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank kathh79
Reviewed 8 May 2016

We decide to try Lima Chicken on a Saturday evening and was encouraged with our choice as we pulled into the parking lot and watched a constant stream of customers entering and exiting the restaurant with take-out bags. The traffic would continue all throughout our dinner and at least 10 tables were filled with families and couples dining as we chose our table. Because this was our first visit we wanted to sample as many offerings as we could so we ordered the grilled steak, chicken and sausage entrée served over a bed of white rice and alongside a fresh garden salad and French fries. We also ordered the grilled pork chop entrée which was also served over a bed of white rice and with a choice of two sides. Garden salad and fresh vegetables was our choice, but offerings included plantains, black or pinto beans, coleslaw, or string beans. Once we placed our order with a very attentive hostess, we took our number and cups and after getting our fresh-brewed iced tea, we seated ourselves in a very spacious and very well-kept dining room. The music was upbeat, just the right volume, and very enjoyable. A friendly server brought our meal to our table and our plates were filled to the max. The chicken was delicious ... moist, and seasoned perfectly. The pork chops were tender ... nicely grilled and grill flavored. The steak was also good but thin and the least favorite of either of us. The sausage was very good and tasted more of a breakfast sausage but again, grilled very well and charred just enough. The salads were very cold and very fresh ... bright green lettuce, red tomatoes, cucumber slices and shredded carrots. The steamed vegetable mix consisted of carrots and zucchini and was lightly seasoned with butter and prepared perfectly ... just enough crispness but tender. The French fries, were French fries but hot and plentiful. The server placed three small condiment containers before each of our plates and though we were not sure what they were, all three were very flavorful. A green spicy sauce, a mustard and mayo based sauce and a light tan sauce that tasted familiar but still not sure what was in there but it was very good on the fresh salad. On a whole we enjoyed the entire dining experience and will definitely return. They also offer tacos, burritos, pasta dishes, seafood, and salads. They have a couple deals that include whole charbroiled chicken with several sides and a 2-liter soda. Entrée prices begin at about $8 and go up to about $14. Check out the online menu and by all means, give them a try ... very fresh, very tasty, and very well managed.

2  Thank Lifeis1bigadventure