“Standing the Test of Time”
Review of Jennings Cafe

Jennings Cafe
Ranked #10 of 113 Restaurants in Catonsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My first visit to Jennings Cafe and I was treated as if I'd been a regular for years! Good "home cooking" menu choices and a friendly, efficient staff. If I wanted a beer, I have more than a dozen draft choices of all varieties - excellent! It's worth the visit!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The crab cakes are still good! Peg keeps you in beer. and the beer listing has grown! Friday night was hopping and food was good. Local eatery that is keeping pace with the times!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Catonsville has been fortunate to have a number of restaurants with varied cuisine and good quality. A Catonsville stalwart, Jennings Cafe, has long been known for a reputation as a restaurant with a neighborhood pub atmosphere and quality food. Now add to that reputation a menu of varied draft beers - by far the best in Catonsville. Now when I want good food and a choice of good draft beers, I finally can stay local. Hats off to Steve Iampieri for taking this step and continuing Jennings tradition of serving the community.

1  Thank Epicureanbeerlover
Reviewed 16 December 2017

In for our annual Christmas season visit to Jennings, we noticed a few subtle changes under the new management, but mostly remains the same. Decorated nicely for Christmas, but turn down the ceiling lights for a little ambience. The happy hour (3-6) prices were decent with $2.50 domestic bottles and $3.50 wine. The $5 boneless chicken wings were a lot better than I expected, the sliders were good as was the Maryland crab soup. Though we didn't have any, the coconut cake looked great and the slices was very large, and we were told all their desserts are baked in house. All and all a nice visit, but it did look strange not having the curtains on the windows after all these years.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We arrived into town around 8pm and were hungry. Jennings Cafe was a short distance from the hotel we were staying at. When we arrived, the restaurant was fairly full, but we were seated right away and we were able to order shortly after being seated. The waitress was a sweet lady named Peggy and we noticed that there were pictures of her all over the walls. Although she told us she was not the owner, she had been working there for over 38 years! We had the ribs, French Onion soup, crab chowder, a burger and a chicken cheesesteak. The crab chowder had a nice spice to it and was topped with crab meat. The french onion soup had little broth, but my daughter didn't mind as she usually only wants the cheese anyway and there was no skimping on that! The ribs had a little too much sauce on it for our liking, but they were good ribs. I would definitely go back next time we are in town.