“based on one visit for sour beef”

Dimitri's International Grille
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Catonsville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 18
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free, Vegetarian Menus, Large well lit parking lots, Handicap accessible
Reviewed 1 August 2018

This is primarily a Greek restaurant, but I came specifically for the sour beef special on Tuesday. It's hard to find German food anywhere any more. I got it. I loved it. LOTS of gingersnap gravy -- perfect. True, not a huge pile of meat, but it was fork tender (I never touched my knife), and I don't eat an excess of meat, so it was just right for me. You can get a Greek salad with it, which is an excellent combination. You can get bread to soak up some gravy if you ask, but I had no problem disposing of the gravy on the large dumplings (plural), which is what they're for. I will come back and get it again. Yum.

Litsa W, Owner at Dimitri's International Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Gary! We are thrilled you loved our Sour Beef & Dumplings when visiting and found that the dish was just perfect with a Greek Salad, too. We hope to see you again soon to try other things on the menu or just for the sour beef! Take care.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Visited here with another couple recently. Had eaten here before, as well. This place is Greek themed and is locally popular and there are both indoor and outdoor seating options. Dress code is nice casual and there's plenty of free, easy parking. The staff are pleasant. Our server for the evening was pleasant, accurate, and appropriately attentive.

The chicken tortilla soup I enjoyed was terrific and my light entree wraps were tasty as well. Two of my companions had salads with meat toppings and portions were generous. They both were pleased. The restaurant is known for its sour beef entree and I've had it before and enjoyed it. The menu has a wide range of options in appetizers, light fare, and full entree size meals, and within those categories, options including Greek, German, Latin, American and more.

I ordered a brownie topped with ice cream for dessert and observing our table, our server intuitively brought four spoons- nice. I was slightly disappointed in that the large brownie was more like chocolate cake, though still tasty.

In summary, a convenient, friendly place with a wide variety of enjoyable food options at pretty reasonable prices. We'll be back.

Litsa W, Owner at Dimitri's International Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you so much for the amazingly, detailed review. It is great to hear that you have visited with us before and revelled in our sour beef and dumplings, and this time opted for a different entree to enjoy as well! We are happy that everyone was satisfied and full by the end of their meal and everyone was provided excellent, prompt service. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

After talking with friends, who we go out with often for lunch, the subject of Sour Beef came up. I mentioned that my husband wont touch it and has made it known that he doesn't even like to smell it in the house when I prepare it. This fact, of course, does not, nor will not prevent me from fixing it, since I like it and have other family members I would ask for dinner who enjoy it as well. They mentioned that they had seen it on Dimitri's menu and suggested we go there for our next lunch outing. Five of us went this past Tuesday. I was the only one who ordered the Sour Beef, a mistake I will not repeat. I read that it was served with dumplings; I have always served mine with mashed potatoes but I thought it would be interesting to try something a little different, having never had dumplings before. It was served in a deep soup/vegetable bowl--it actually looked like a bowl of thin soup with a single dumpling in it and about 4 very small cubes of beef. I like my sour beef gravy thick and very sour. This was thin and leaned more to the sweet side. There's no way I could have eaten the 'soup' since there was nothing there with which to use it on except for the few pieces of beef. I should have known better than to order an item out that I prepare at home, since it never seems to measure up to my own. My reasoning was to keep the aroma (my husband would say "smell") from permeating the house, and just go out to a restaurant when I got the yen for sour beef. I ordered the $13.99 "lunch" portion--totally not worth the price in either quality nor quantity! It came with no sides. I must add here, whether by shear coincidence or reasoning, I got very sick later, after eating the sour beef and this lasted about 2 hours. I am NOT claiming the sour beef caused it, but I had no problems before, nor by the next day, nor since. I question now whether it's a good idea to go to a restaurant the day after they have been closed. My four companions were not that enthused about their meals either. My grandson ordered Chicken Parmesan. It too, was served in a deep soup/vegetable bowl with the pasta filling up the bottom of the bowl, sauce on top of that and then a few pieces of chopped chicken with melted cheese on top- not at all prepared as what we would call "usual". Maybe it's the "Greek" way. He left most of it there uneaten and raided our fridge when we got home. My husband ordered the meatball sub which he said was spicier than he would've liked; he DID enjoy the side of fries that came with it. One of our friends ordered the Cajun chicken since he likes 'spicey' dishes. He said this dish was even too 'hot' for his liking. I don't recall what his wife ordered, but I noticed she had asked, and eaten, a good portion of several baskets of the tasty bread and boxed up most of her, and her husband's meals. (I wonder if either of them ever ate their leftovers.) There were only a few other diners there at that time, but our service was very lacking. We had to repeatedly ask for drink refills even though our waitress passed by our table often enough to see all the empty glasses. I cannot speak for our friends, but I can definitely say, neither my husband, grandson, nor I will consider going back to Dimitri's.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

the sour beef and dumpling special is out of they world and the portions are so large they make up a meal the next day

Litsa W, Owner at Dimitri's International Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Thank you so much, Mary, for the wonderful review. We are thrilled you really enjoy our sour beef and dumplings and always have enough for seconds. We can't wait for your next visit with us! Take care.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Have been to Dimitri's many times. Except for one bad visit (poor service and food was not great) have had delicious food and good service. There is a good selection of food items. Prices are not cheap. The nice thing is...there is an off street parking lot.

2  Thank Robbie-Heather2015
Litsa W, Owner at Dimitri's International Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled you have visited Dimitri's a number of times and have always enjoyed your experiences with us. We look forward to many more visits with you to keep trying more things from our menu. Take care.