“Just fine for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Cambridge
United States
“Just fine for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

I got nervous from the outside, but the check-in was friendly (despite the sign telling me I had 10 minutes to report any problems in my room or I was charged no matter what). Our room was a king non-smoking-- and that right there makes it good for us-- so many budget properties don't have king beds. It was clean enough (sheets and bathroom were clean, could use a big scrub in the all the corners), the bed was good, and it was quiet. We slept well, and considering it was $100 cheaper than anywhere else, we would stay again. Also, try the Ocean Odyssey for crabs and nice fish-- a family run place with great, reasonable food, and about 1 mile west on 50.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank trientalis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
poolesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2007

What a pleasant surprise to have found an affordable hotel with so many amenities! From the moment we arrived till the time we left our stay was great. The gentlemen at the front desk not only were insightful but were hilarious comedians as well. After a long drive it was nice to be welcomed by smiling faces and some funny jokes(ask about his nuts!). Our room was of ample size and the beds were both clean and comfortable. The leopard skin box spring was a nice touch. The cable television reception was good and there were even adult movies to watch. The water pressure in the shower was awesome, I've never felt so clean! Conveniently located within our hotel was a liquor store with a great selection and a family restaurant with a breakfast buffet to die for! There were a few curlies on the bathroom door and the large woman across the hall made profound noises but overall I would say it was a total success. Would I stay here again? HELL YEAH! I'd even recomend it for honeymooners!

• Liked — The jokesters at the front desk!
  • Disliked — Curlies in the bathroom
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank awesomePoolesville
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2005

I have stayed in motels/hotels all over the world. This was the worst. The door of my original room would not lock and the corridor looked like it had never been cleaned, it was located in a seperate building behind the main building. People evidently lived in the downstairs rooms. Not a very secure or safe location. I asked for another room and was assigned one in the main building, which was so nasty I was afraid to walk on the carpet without shoes on. It looked like a storage room. The windows and walls were filthy. Not dirty - filthy. It was remarkable how dirty this place was. Something which appeared to be feces or other excrement clung to the walls. The box spring for the bed was rotted. I seriously considered sleeping in the car, but it was late and I was in a strange town. The entire bulding was empty with the exception of a few people which seemed to always be standing in the hall and scurried for shadows when you approached. The entire place smelled like curry. Listen to me - do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
abvicambridgemd, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance was instructed to fix the door of the room first assigned to your use.

3) Management and security were informed of the people you encountered in the hall and instructed to look into the situation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2005

We have stayed there the last two years overnight on our way to Ocean City. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel, but not dirty. The pool is clean, and I laugh at people's reviews who expect something for nothing. I was sad the restaurant adjacent to it closed this past year, as it served as good a breakfast and lunch as you will find on the road. I will stay there next year.... don't be so hard to please folks, there is no such thing as a 50 dollar bill on sale for 20!

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD for your recent stay in our area, I am glad that your visit was a good one.

• The staff members were commended for the courteous, friendly way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I am glad that you are planning to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Cambridge, MD again next year. We are looking forward to welcoming you.

Scottsdale, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2005

It is what you would expect in a cheap place. My room was fine -- fairly clean and comfortable. But the hallways are a mess, and there is an odor of mold everywhere. It is a run down place. But the price is right. The management and staff are helpful and pleasant (talk to Jim in the morning -- he is a wealth of knowledge).

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank TomScottsdaleAZ
Dear Guest,

1) Housekeeping was instructed that they need to clean the hallways properly.

2) Management and staff received commendation concerning the courteous, friendly way in which they treat our valued guests.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
0.5 km away
24.2 km away
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!