“Love the Bento box”

Ranked #2 of 381 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Btw Bethesda Ave & Elm St.
Transit: 2 Blocks South of Bethesda Metro Station (Red Line)
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Food is really good here. The bento box offers a nice variety to try the tempura and California roll. Good lunch spot. Fairly fast to get in and out.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Delicious food, good choices....very crowded and noisy as it is a small space..definitely need a reservation but it is worth going!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

This reminded me of Ippudo Brassiere in NYC! Typically have to wait for a table but we lucked out and got one right away.
We all shared the Tokyo Dashi Broth as the huge bowl is plenty for two and they will split in kitchen. We had chicken and broth and other goddies were great and quite filling. I would suggest the egg noodles over the udon wheat noodles, which are very thick and look like worms.
Very pretty and clever umbrella lights and comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Every time I go to Raku we have the greatest food. We have tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. The service is excellent . We have been dining there for at least 15 years. We took our children there and now, as adults, when they come to town we go there!!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Raku is one of my favorite restaurants. I always go to the one located at Cathedral Commons so we decided to try the Bethesda location. We had the crispy pork belly appetizer, which was fantastic! I had the Miso seared sea bass, which just melted in my mouth. My husband had the cod--also amazing! Our friend had the lobster and that looked beautiful and apparently it was delicious! The bread pudding and the banana with rum sauce and ice cream are my two favorite desserts :)

2  Thank Marale G