“Good 1/4 dark meal at this price”
Review of Don Pollo

Don Pollo
Ranked #66 of 382 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Visited there several times for lunch and very much like their quarter dark (w/ 2 sides)! Though today I felt like the size of the chicken leg shrank a bit..Delicious as always. Chop chop was so-so. But Roast Chiiiikeeeeennnn

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

My son and I are big fans from the other Don Pollo locations so we went to the new location on Westlake (near Montgomery Mall) on the first night it was open. They were not at all ready for prime time.
They were out of Mac and Cheese, the french fries were soggy and they didn't have enough chicken ready to serve at dinner time.

Worst of all, when I asked if they had a children's menu (like other locations), the cashier asked the manager who told me they could chop chicken for my child but that they didn't have a children's menu. When I suggested they should have one like the other locations, he gave me a dirty look and walked away (rather than providing any sort of explanation).

I still have high hopes, but they better learn quickly about the clientele in this new location and learn how to accommodate appropriately.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered the chicken and rice combo. It was really good. I could have used a little more chicken but there was a real lot of rice.

1  Thank LostALot22
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We stopped here while passing through the area. Seems like a popular spot with the local work crowd. Menu is small. We all got chicken with two side dishes. You order at the counter and grab a seat. Order was filled in about 5 minutes. Food was very good and plentiful, although more pricey than the typical fast food lunch options.

1  Thank skgbos
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

-chicken is the best.
-side orders: best is the fried rice.
-location: great.
-parking: a bit difficult.
-size: okay.
-staff: friendly (almost all Peruvians).
-overall cost: okay (whole chicken with two sides $18).

The food smells amazing