“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Lots of cars in the lot when we arrived and departed. Only one party (of two) was in restaurant when we arrived at about 7 pm on a Thursday night. I ordered the chicken (not shredded chicken) burrito which was simply excellent. Another person in our party ordered the vegetable fajita plate, which came on two plates, and was enormous, and apparently also excellent. There were no chips or salsa provided or offered, which we did not miss. The food was brought to the table hot, and in good time.

I noted that when the bill was brought to the table, a gratuity had already been added, which is strange for a party of three. After I provided a credit card, the credit card receipt for me to sign did not break out the gratuity, and instead had a separate line for the tip. The food was so good and the prices so modest, that I added an additional gratuity!

Reviewed 25 December 2015

I went there for lunch on Christmas Eve. I was, unsurprisingly, their only customer.

The service was slow to bring out chips or take my drink order. I gave her the drink order and the food order (taco and 2 tamales.) I love tamales and have unsuccessfully searched the area for good tamales.
After a while the waitress brought out my food, and asked me if everything was OK. I mentioned my drink. She had forgotten.
Since everything was made to order, I didn't mind the wait, I would have liked to have my drink while waiting.
The taco was the size of a Taco Bell taco. The shell seemed like it was out of a box. It was OK
The tamales were large, but didn't look like they had been steamed in corn husks. (Perhaps, that is a regional technique.)
The filling was chicken (I was not given a choice) It was a bit dry, but there was a sauce I could use. I've had tamales in San Antonio and even in the Dallas airport that were better.

The drink cost $2.50 and the server didn't check if I needed a refill. I really don't understand why the service was not more attentive since there was no one else in the dining room.

It wasn't a horrible meal, but I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for lunch.

1  Thank Marilyn M
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on a Thursday evening. Only one customer when I came in. Hostess was polite. I tried the beef enchiladas with rice and beans. The enchiladas where terrible. The beef had no flavor or season ing. The rice was badly overcooked.
Was very disappointed would not recommend this place.

4  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I was excited, as I haven't been to this restaurant in about 25 years since I moved away, and was so surprised it still survived. The inside is cute and is a reminder of a quaint little typical Mexican restaurant, like I've been to many times in Cozumel. It appears clean and tidy. The hostess, seemed at odds with our party as we just wanted to view the menu first. She seemed perturbed that we were standing near the door and would not immediately sit down. This was a Friday night, at 8:30pm and although cars in the lot, the restaurant was completely empty. Most patrons appears to be seated in the outside area, in those cheap plastic chairs. I wanted to stay because they still have the Crab-Del-Mar, entree that I used to love and adore. This was my favorite restaurant 25 years ago. I remember it being more of a blue crab lump meat with wonderful sauce in enchalada's. Now it's in a Big Burrito, which seems like so much tortilla to me. The crab did appear to still be Maryland Blue Crab, but when we asked our waitress if it was "blue crab" she said it was "white." It was apparent that the waitstaff spoke Spanish as their first language. They were not very versed in English, it appeared. I really don't care about that, as to me it gives the more authentic touch anyway. Service ended up being very slow. We got the usual chips and home-made salsa, which was very good. We also got the Queso which was excellent. The crab-Del-Mar- burrito, well it was ok, but with so much burrito and not being piping hot, but I would not go back for another try. We also got tacos, which looked like the ones I make at home with Ortega shells. My husband said they were good, but appearance is everything, and they looked exactly like a Saturday night meal at home. Another in our party was skeptical on the Mexican choices, and ordered a steak. He said it was excellent. Very thin cut, but cooked to his liking. We had one teenager who always orders chicken strips or nuggets and fries and she liked those. Not very Mexican, but she is picky, and that's her norm.

Would I return, "no." Unfortunately, nothing really stuck out as fantastic. With service so slow, this didn't help. We saw the staff using cell phones, and texting. I guess this is nothing new, but it doesn't look good while you are on duty. The location is not very inviting either, as it's on busy Route 1 in an industrial park area.

I can't say I would bother to try it again, even though they have quite an extensive menu and perhaps there are those items on the menu that are great. At least I got it out of my system for the crab entree.

3  Thank Susie P