“Made us sick”

China Moon Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Belcamp
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Made us sick the 1st time we tried it.... Ordered General Tso and Sweet & Sour chicken. Haven't gone back since!

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Food was ok, portions were avg. Didn't know until food was ready they didn't accept credit cards. ???? WTH?? Luckily I had enough cash on me, barely, to cover. Probably better options available locally.

Reviewed 15 January 2015

I should have cancelled my order as soon as I put in my call. I was ordering my food and after everything I said the lady on the phone said "Is that it...Is that it". Then she didn't give me a total and hung up the phone as I was asking for the total. I get the food it's hot, like extremely hot the aluminum containers it was in were bending and leaking it was so hot. Now lets get to the food:
-ordered pizza egg rolls...didn't get them
-the sesame chiccken tasted like seafood. There is no reason for chicken to taste like seafood! If I wanted seafood I would have ordered it.
-The fried rice had nothing in it, it was just yellow rice with no flavor. There was no veggies or anything in the rice....just flavorless rice

After all this we call the place back and tell them how disappointed we are with the food and ask where the pizza egg rolls are only to find out they don't even have pizza egg rolls. Why would you let me order pizza egg rolls and not tell me you don't have them! She didn't apologize or anything for the inconvenience just hung up. That was over $30 down the drain and I will NEVER go there again.

1  Thank Jasmine D
Reviewed 25 November 2014

I occasionally go here for lunch take out especially during the cold weather to get their Wonton Soup. Don't let the appearance of the place fool you. The dining area is sparse and old looking, consisting of cheap table and chairs and the tile floor isn't always the cleanest looking. The kitchen and order counter always looks clean but they are in the back of the restaurant so the dining area is the first thing you see. In fact I have friends that will not order from there because of the appearance of the dining area. I would never eat from the small buffet along side the wall because it usually looks pretty rough as if the food has been sitting there for hours.

But there is a good part! My take out order is always cooked and prepared fresh in front of me and it always tastes great. I have never had any complaints with the food I order. The people working the counter are pleasant and nice. As you turn around to leave be sure to pick up any plastic ware, napkins or sauces you need because they are not put in the bag. Also they do not accept credit cards. Cash only. And they don't deliver. But they prepare good tasting food if you don't let the appearance of the dining room scare you away.

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

Group of friends had several different dishes here. All were good and plentiful. Sweet and sour chicken --pork was tasty. Several people had the spicy chicken and pork. No complaints. Price is reasonable and service quick and friendly. This is located in a strip mall setting with other small restaurants.