“A pleasant Surprise”

Add it.
Kobe Buffet Grill
Ranked #56 of 171 Restaurants in Bel Air
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Many years ago, I ate at this venue and was not impressed. My elderly mom recently went with friends, liked it and wanted to go again so I figured I would give it a shot for her. The restaurant is set up completely different than before, so I wonder if it has new owners or is under new management. I like the new set up. I think there is less food (which is not a negative thing) but still plenty, with much better quality than before. I am pleased that they are focusing on quality and not quantity.There is still a hibachi buffet in the back (which was closed when we went for lunch). and for you adventurous eater, a sushi bar. They now have a soup corner where they serve 4 soups daily - very nice! There is another section for sweets (desserts and fruits). I am being careful with the junk so I did not pay much attention to the sweets but I did check out the fruit bar and it is very nice as well. Of course, this review is not complete without talking about the main buffet. I was very impressed with the selection of foods and the quality. I was actually was able to have a white fish that actually tasted good (their hibachi fish). The buttered shrimp was excellent as well as the buttered cabbage. The buffet has several other dishes that are more unique which is nice to see, but they also have my standard favorites like rice noodles, boneless spare ribs, fried wontons, and chicken on a stick. While I agree with another reviewer that this is basically a typical buffet, I must assert that is it higher quality. The staff is very nice as well. After taking my mom for her round 2, I took hubby for his round 1. He was delighted. $8.99 for lunch was is Not bad, really. I don't know what the dinner price is but I do love the hibachi grill so I am sure we will plan a date to go back for dinner. :0)

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I have had takeout from the buffet which is more expensive than if you just got regular takeout. So i wont go that route if i am in the area. But, if you are eating in, the buffet selection is great and so is the food

Reviewed 24 December 2016

I walked in thinking if was a Japanese steakhouse, with the name Kobe, but was surprised by the sight of several buffet tables. So okay, I go in and grab a quick dinner.

I'm never sure what will be offered at a buffet, so of course I'm wary of them. It wasn't anything to really write home about, but they had some varied offerings such as crab, lobster, even crawdads. Also had various rolls, and standard Chinese fare. Nice on a budget.

1  Thank Stan T
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Visited Kobe Buffet for a birthday lunch. Food was all tasty, service was prompt and friendly. Our server Jasmin went above and beyond. She prepared a birthday cake with candle for the birthday boy. Very kind! Would recommend without a doubt.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

When compared to others, only average. There is no similar choices nearby, therefore, it's "very good". The sushi choices are decent with the price, service is fast and quite prompt.