All reviews cellar pub harbor crest across the street luxury room continental breakfast the main dining room main building through groupon harbor hill building new england jacuzzi tub several buildings lobster ocean view bagels small room chapman cottage
Reviewed 3 October 2018

My wife and I had the pleasure of going to the Pub/Restaurant at the York Harbor Inn in August and again in September. The pub appears like you are in a sailing boat. It is warm and comfy. The drinks are very good, and the food is amazing!! We both went out of our comfort zones and tried specials. I had a shrimp and crabmeat alfredo that was outstanding!! My wife had a scollop dish that she is still raving about. We usually arrive for the happy hour. We play a couple of games of cribbage, have a appetizer and relax. We will order dinner and by the time we are done with our games, it arrives!! We have never been disappointed by our meals. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Chef is a gem!! We have never felt rushed, and always enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2018

For our anniversary I told my husband I just wanted to be in a room with a ocean view. So we returned to York Harbor Inn. We have stayed here many times over the years and are never disappointed. All the rooms are a little different which is charming and quaint. We have always found them impeccably clean and decorated warmly. The restaurant is amazing - have never had a bad meal! I have worked in the hospitality business and know first hand how challenging it is to make your Inn appear to run seamlessly - York Harbor Inn does this extremely well. All of the staff are professional and helpful. We will come again and again to this little gem on the coast of Maine!

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018

This a an extremely nice place to stay with some rooms having ocean views and well worth the money. The Inn does not have a pool. The atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is wonderful and the food is excellent. The staff is friendly and eager to please. They do have a limited number of beach chairs and the Inn is located across the street for a public beach.

Room Tip: if possible get room 405 which we think is the best room at the Inn
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Very cozy place, friendly personnel. Rooms could be updated a bit, internet and phone reception isn't that great but if you like that rustic feeling this is the place. Breakfast was unbelievable food is great all around. View is unbelievable, can see the ocean across the street. Stay a night

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The first room I checked out was in the main building. There were whiskers in the sink from the last guest. I went back to the front desk. The gentleman there gave me keys to check out a second room. The second room had a smell and cleanliness issues too. I returned to the front desk and was upgraded to a luxury room in another building. This building featured a nice private area where guests could read and relax. I went upstairs to check out the room. It was a lot nicer and had wood beams above the bed area giving it a rustic look. However, there were carpet stains. I also picked up some black stuff off the carpet and took it back to the front desk. He could not identify what it was.

This suggests to me the housekeeping crew is not cleaning rooms (even in the luxury building) like they should be. Front desk offered to vacuum the room after I asked if they had a vacuum so I could sweep up the carpet myself. The front desk clerk stated he would do it.

After I got done eating in town, I returned to the room only to find there was still some of the unidentified black debris in front of an armchair. The room had a great view and location. I wanted to stay here after driving for hours from another location in Maine.

Another problem I had was there were no elevators. I had a large suitcase which I had to lug up 3 flights of stairs without any offers for assistance. At one point, I almost fell down a flight of stairs. Fortunately, I did not but it was a scary moment.

Later that night as I was getting ready to go to bed. I found a bug on the bed. Not sure what kind but it was making me uneasy. I looked at the mattress and discovered there was no mattress protectant. All hotels/inns should have these on every bed, every room. It helps prevent bedbug infestations from occurring. It's also great for keeping allergens/dust mites down. I'm not sure what the bug was but there was no way I was going to be able sleep there.

I packed up my suitcase and went to the front desk. It was about 3 am and no one was at the counter. I rang the bell, no answer. I wrote a note describing why I was leaving. I bought this through groupon getaways for 3 nights. I was charged for one night which was fair because I did use the shower and towels before deciding I couldn't stay. The front desk did offer me alternatives, but in the end none of those turned out to be successful.

I feel the problems I encountered could be turned around and this could be a great place to stay. However, housekeeping needs improvement. I would also suggest shampooing the carpets and putting mattress protectors on the mattresses and box springs. If you are putting someone on the second floor and/or above, ask if they need assistance with their luggage.

Room Tip: Check out the room thoroughly before you stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Garry D, Owner at York Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Cindy T.

Thank you so much for your visit to the York Harbor Inn and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guests from our hospitality, our cuisine and most importantly the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms.
Our Housekeeping Team works so very diligently to ensure that the guest rooms are as you would desire, clean and comfortable.
We did inspect the guest room in question, and found all clean and in good order.
We are so very sorry that you departed early and we do wish we had the opportunity to find a guest room more to your liking.
Our entire York Harbor Inn family extends our apologies and we truly look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.