All reviews pot luck new owners walking distance antenna cons season
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Reasonably priced. Easy to get too. The new owners of this campground are wonderful. They immediately make you feel like family. Just a short walk to York beach or take the trolley into town for a small fee. We cannot wait to go back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 21 September 2015

We stopped here overnight on our way to Acadia National Park and returned for 2 more nights on our way down the eastern seacoast. Lynn, the manager and host, could not have been nicer! Flaggs is an RV community and most sites are occupied by permanent summer renters. It's like a family here with people gathering outside like neighbors. Lynn knows everyone and everyone knows her as she is out and about visiting and making sure all her guests are happy campers. At night you can hear the Atlantic Ocean from York's beaches. Nubble Lighthouse is a good destination for an invigorating and scenic hike. The grounds are meticulous, the sites are full hook-up and the whimsical decorations make this a homey spot for a peaceful and relaxing get away!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurel J
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Location, Location, Location that's what Flaggs RV Resort is all about! Quiet, friendly, clean, beautifully groomed and flowered accented grounds all under the leadership and gardening talent of Flaggs Manager, Lynn. Lynn's welcoming smile always makes your journey worthwhile!! Lynn is available, accountable and certainly a knowledgeable resource from the novice to the experienced traveler. This is an excellent location that guarantees a wonderful experience.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Judy K
Reviewed 11 September 2015

Our second season at Flaggs is winding down and we are so sorry to see it end! Absolutely love it here! We were brand new to camping when we came here last year and had no clue about what's involved. Thank God they have such a great manager. Lynn has helped us from day one. She goes out of her way to make sure the campers are happy and keeps the park looking beautiful. Looking forward to many more summers here!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonnieandromeo
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

The park itself was fine. BUT the park manager Lynn was the rudest person I've ever met! The entire vacation was ruined because of her and how she treated our family. We will never go back there because of her. I even called Her Boss this time! Sad to have to write this but she was rude every minute we were there. She had a huge control chip on her shoulder and you were going to know it! Our reservation were to be all together as we booked in February to make sure this happen and once we arrived we were all over the place! The minute we asked why she totally jumped all over my Mother-in-law and even threatened to kick us out just for asking why! Don't even try to park your own camper! She demands to direct you and if you speak up she'll inform you "it's not her first rodeo" when truthfully it wasn't ours either! We have been camping for 15plus years and have NEVER been treated so rude at any of the other campgrounds we have been too! Sadly even the other local campgrounds know how she treats people! We went looking around and told where we were staying and they have heard many complains about her nasty attitude. This is a basic campground with no amenities which was fine with us as we are at the ocean or enjoying York in general so really we are not at the camper much so our family was no trouble to her at all. But she made it clear that we were not welcome and was rude to us the entire time!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank Dianne9069
Lynn E, General Manager at Flaggs Rv Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you for bringing attention to your stay at Flaggs RV, I am sorry that you had a bad experience. You are my first complaints regarding myself as the manager in 4 years. In my defense to let other viewers know a few things that may have prompted my attitude. Last year a family member was speeding several times through the park and when I asked him to slow down he gave me attitude .I along with the seasonal campers were very concerned for children in the park. I got 4 campers together and then I moved the other 2 camper across from you. For people that are not familiar with the park, they were literally 10 feet across the road. I wanted to give you more space, but you insisted on being close together. Yes, I do park campers as my sites are small and I knew I had to get 2 30ft. campers with slide outs in 2 small sites.Check in time is noon and a member arrived before noon and tried parking himself. Some of my campers are not as experienced as you at parking, so I am there to assist. The biggest issue and concern was a 4 foot bon fire that my other campers were so concerned about they texted and called me worrying about propane tanks exploding from sparks, pure carelessness and could of been a potential disaster. I approached and asked if you had an extinguisher handy and to please let it die down. I am sorry but sites are subject to change at any time. Flaggs is a small park and I do my best to fit everyone so they have room to sit out. The way I was talked to by your family I was the one that felt verbally attacked, which was why I offered to refund your reservation, not "kick you out". Once I had you all parked in and moved the only time I talked with you was the issue with the fire. I am a very friendly, helpful and nice person. In order to keep Flaggs RV a clean, quiet and safe campground, there has to be rules to keep everyone happy and safe. It still sounded like you got to enjoy the beach and spent a lot of quality family time together and I am happy for you.