“a good meal”
Review of China Bistro - CLOSED

China Bistro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I got the wonton soup(pork)-$2.95, the cold fresh lobster spring roll (2 for $6.50), and the chicken with broccoli ($9.25) to go. I was greatly surprised to see that the wonton soup was loaded with cabbage, broccoli, big chunks of pork and at least 4 giant pork wontons... it was really yummy and a lot of food for the price! As for the lobster spring rolls, I'd skip the lobster part as there was very little in each, but, they were bursting with crisp fresh veggies and fresh mint... by the time I had finished my soup and rolls I was full! The chicken with broccoli was good as well, very moist chicken but as with a lot of chinese it was swimming in brown sauce but it was tasty and at least 2 meals worth.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed at the Microtel Inn and just walked over & had lunch on our first day in town. The owner was so personable, she treated us like she had known us for years. The interior is tastefully decorated and pleasant, not your typical Chinese eatery. The prices were reasonable and the food, tastey. I ordered Shrimp with Lobster sauce off the lunch menu but unexpectedly, the sauce was brown not white. I suppose it was a different variety than I am used to but it was still good. My husband ordered the Sesame Chicken and had no complaints either. The Crab Rangoon was crispy but not over done. We had top notch service and I would definately eat here again on our travels! Thanks for a enjoyable meal!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

After two days of getting the "Maine experience" of lobster, clams, chowdah etc, we were looking for something else. Saw the China Bistro and boy are we glad we did. The young man that was our waiter was one of the best I have ever had in all my years of travel. He was pleasant, helpful, funny and not pushy.
We elected to share a large bowl of wonton soup (filled with stuffed wontons, roasted pork, vegetables and a wonderful broth) and then a large platter of mei fam with seafood -- sort of Chinese rice pasta with shrimp, scallops and lobster. It was light and delightful -- just what the doctor ordered.
Wish they were in my hometown!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We've been to China Bistro several times and each time we are quite satisfied. The portions are filling and we always clean our plate. My husband always gets the pork lo mein and I always get the pork fried rice. The spring rolls are tasty and crispy. The wonton soup is excellent. Emily and her staff are always very friendly. Sometimes we go to the Sunday buffet and have fun eating all sorts of different things. We'll have to go back soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This place is great! We have been here several times now. The food is always good. Always taste freshly made. Large servings, great service, friendly staff, will continue to eat here. Best Chinese food in the area. Love it. It is by a hotel set back from the road. parking lot is shared with hotel and other businesses. However, don't let that stop you from getting here. It's worth the trip. Located right off of route 1 not far from hannaford.