“A Maine institution”

Days Crabmeat and Lobster
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Typical Maine version of a "food truck" without wheels. Walk up, wait in line place your order, pick up and find a picnic table or "take with". Very popular, somewhat limited parking, especially if you are driving a motorhome. However, it worked. Lobster rolls were excellent, as reputed. Will try crab next time and there will be a next time.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Had a quick lunch of a fried haddock sandwich and fries. The sandwich was very very good but the fries honestly were the best french fries I have ever eaten. I don't know the secret - they were of course hot and fresh but the taste was incredible. They had a slightly sweet taste that was, I guess, due to the type of potato they used. I would go back just for the fries alone. Whatever you order, GET THE FRIES.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

OK-I admit that I am a glutton for hand cut, freshly made French fries. And when combined with good Maine seafood in plentiful quantities, it is a win-win. We ate here two days in a row for lunch and I had the same thing both days. So now the truth be told, I could not help myself.

Days has been around forever and is right on Route 1 north about 200 yards from the large State of Maine rest area and tourist stop. It looks like a typical seasonal seafood stand, which it is, but there are picnic tables in the back, and some under shade, for one to enjoy the delights that come out of the kitchen. I had the Maine Fried Shrimp basket both times. I heaping portion of the small, sweet, Gulf of Maine shrimp with a mountain of home made French fries and cole slaw. Wife had a lobster roll one day and a crab roll the next day. Top quality seafood, reasonable prices and just plain good, good, good. This is a cardboard plate sort of place, nothing fancy but worth the stop.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were at this restaurant on a beautiful night and sat outside, in the back.It has an exceptional view of water and marsh in the back.The food, however,is nothing special.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

While heading north into Maine we stopped for lunch at Day's to get a lobster roll. Roll was good, loaded with big chunks of claw meat in a buttered roll. Taste was fine but needed something ton further enhance flavor since lobster alone can be somewhat bland in taste ( compared to clams or crabmeat). Maybe an aioli would have helped. We also had clam strips which were excellent! Service was friendly but a bit slow which wasn't negative since we weren't into or expecting fast food. Would recommend Day's for a good lunch stop for families. They also have a seafood market where we purchased lobsters for a boil that evening, which were excellent. Great, friendly service at a very fair price.