“Great local Maine Restaurant and Bar”

Peppers Garden & Grill
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Winthrop
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Stop by and you won’t be disappointed!Good Variety of seafood, salads, pasta dishes on regular menu and specials. The Prime Rib panini is excellent! The bar drinks food quality,service and price for menu and specials is terrific. A Friendly staff, and owner John are on site for great service and recommendations.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My husband and I were passing through Winthrop on a day trip to western Maine.
it was because of tripadvisor, we ended up at Peppers.
We were very pleased with our decision.
Upon driving up, I said, "oh ... this looks like a strip mall, not the restaurant that I saw in the tripadvisor photos."
When we entered I realized that it was indeed the right place and the atmosphere/ decor was very pleasant!
If not for tripadvisor (since we were not locals) We would not have gone in.
The stained glass throughout was very pretty. (I love stained glass.)
The decor was fun.
There is a bar area with some tables and then a separate large dining area.
This is a nice set up because you can be in the dining area without having to see people sitting at the bar. (Good design.)
There was a wide variety of food on the menu.
One of the specials that day was a chef salad.
We each decided on that since it was mid-day to order that.
It was a large portion ... the blue cheese dressing was really awesome.
One of the best that I've ever had!
I mentioned it to the waitress and she said, "yeah ... he's pretty proud of that .. a lot of people comment on how good it is."
It was more than good!
The next time that we are in the Winthop area, we'll be sure to stop in!
: -)

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We stumble on to this place while in search of something else but a nice find and one of the few restaurants open after 8 on a Sat night here. Everyone else seemed to be in the bar but I had the Cobb salad my very first loaded with blue cheese. My husband had a house salad and cod chowder, the chowder was very rich. Both were served with efficiency and were quite tasty. I wish we lived closer so we could try more of the menu

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We enjoying eating here often. The staff is very friendly and we always get a great meal. Their meals are all reasonably priced especially their specials.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My wife and I grabbed a beer to celebrate a great day hanging out together. Very pleasant time at this neat location.