“Prices too high-serving too small”
Review of Big Daddy's

Big Daddy's
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Wells
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Went here last night for the first time. Was a little hesitant after reading about the serving sizes but figured it was at least worth a try. I was the first person in line with about 5 others behind me. I was reading the selections and had a question but the 2 girls at the window were deep in conversation and never noticed I was staring at them trying to ask a question. I waited and finally said "excuse me" to get there attention. There is a serving size chart that shows you the size of the cone you order so I originally decided based on the picture that small was sufficiently sized. I requested half chocolate chip and half chocolate almond joy. I was told that I could only order 2 flavors if I ordered a medium. So I changed the order to medium which was $4.40! This ice cream is very expensive. Well I got my cone and it was barely the size of the small that was pictured! The chocolate almond joy was pretty good, the chocolate chip was ok but the large chips were waxy tasting. Not worth the very high prices they are charging for these cones esp considering the serving is smaller than it is supposed to be.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We have been going to Big Daddy's for over 10 years...always great! I crave Almond Butter Crunch. Best ice cream!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Been going there while on vacation for 10 years. Last year we noticed a big difference in the quantity of ice cream given for the various sizes. This year we decided to try it again. The portions were even smaller. I should have known as the parking lot used to always be full but the last two nights as we drove by, there was plenty of parking. In an economy like this one, skimping on portions (while keeping prices elevated) is a sure fire way to lose customers. The ice cream is very good, but unfortunately they lost a consistent customer.

3  Thank none71
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We were in Maine for our honeymoon and staying in Wells we were told by a local to check out Big Daddy's for ice cream one night. We ended up going back every single night - 5 times! Big Daddy's is by far the best ice cream we had on our trip - and we sampled a lot! They have a ton of flavors to choose from, all sizes and types - blueberry, coconut, caramel, sundaes, milkshakes. 3 different kinds of cones and the portions are huge! The building is very clean and looks new. The staff are very friendly and very quick with your order. There are walk up order windows out front and a large dining area inside with order windows as well. One thing to note is that they only take cash, but there's an ATM inside. Every night that we went, the place was packed with people. You've got to try it!!

1  Thank jawdmb
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Love love love it!! You can order outside or in black fly or mosquito season you can also order inside. There are generous servings of delicious home made ice cream

Been to Big Daddy's? Share your experiences!