All reviews kitchen table walking distance hot tub bedroom cottage full kitchen doughnuts trolley maine property picnic stove couch village
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My girlfriend and I just returned home from a six night stay at the Belle of Maine Motel and Cottages. We rented a one bedroom cottage for six nights. It was so nice, quaint and comfortable. The cottage had been recently renovated. It was immaculate. Everything we needed or wanted was available. The property had a heated pool and hot tub. One of the owners, Rick, was always accessible. He was a friendly and kind man. The location was superb. The price for the cottage was quite reasonable. I'd definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in visiting the southern part of Maine and staying in a place that feels like home.

Room Tip: I can't attest for other cottages or the few motel rooms. Cottage #5, which was the cabin we rented, was a good one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ernie G
Reviewed 13 August 2017

WE have stayed here for the past several seasons . We rent a cottage for the week
One bedroom Two beds There are larger ones . Full kitchen stove refridgerator ,including all the utensils ,pot ,pans etc that you need . Enclosed porch . Picnic table outside with a grill. Inside kitchen table Couch ,chair and Flat screen TV Full bathroom with standup shower. All towels etc provided but NO service. You put used towels on picnic table by 9am and they drop Fresh ones for you everyday. Biggest request is you leave the cottage , dishes, refridgerator clean Large. Pool right on property including hot tub. Beautiful view , Trolley stop right outside Individual parking right off of RT 1 close to restaurants some even in walking distance that are very good. They key to this site are the owners . They care They treat you like family The grounds are kept clean The pool cleaned every morning I was almost afraid to right this review has this has been my secret hideaway to escape Nothing beats sitting out in the morning having a cup of coffee a Conglon Doughnut Very quiet no noise from the highway Just perfect So dont take my reservation but this place deserves the recognition

Room Tip: Choose you cottage based on your needs BOOK early Saturday to Saturday
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fingerlakes09
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This is a family friendly environment and several cottages that surround an outdoor pool. It is centrally located and if you are like me and do not have a car the trolley stops right by the doorsteps of this place and you can ride around town, get off get on and even pass by the beach...it's the only way to go, don't use a taxi. Trolley is free. Went tinto town same way to visit the charming shops. My only disappointment was that upon returning from beach next day the bed had not been made up or room freshened. Minor error (corrected) but asked for a discount and I was granted a modest discount. Remember to politely ask when something seems wrong about your stay. The management here was forthcoming without any problem but apologizing for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: I am not sure footed so if that be the case always ask for a motel room that does not require walking a great distance.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We gave a deposit in January2016 to stay in July2016 , but in February2016 we found out that I had been accepted for the Florida Liver Translpant list and I had to move right away. I called Belle of Main to let them know and they asked would you like me to keep it for next year? we really didnt know where we would be healthwise at that point considering it to be almost 2 years away but we agreed because we have been going there for 15 YEARS!!! well July 2016 rolled around and I got my Transplant! I called them to let them Know I would have to live inFlorida for another year to heal and for follow up appointments so I just wanted my deposit back. they said sorry in the last year rules have changed and we no longer give back deposits..... after being a customer for 15 years and giving the circumstances this is just ugly... They kept both mine and my kids deposits... thanks Belle of Maine

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Kelli A
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We came up for a Monday to Friday stay. We had a three year old with us. We stayed in one of the suites. The rooms were very nice, clean and quiet. The entire facility was very quiet and laid back. The short time we stayed we felt like we were part of a community. The pool was perfect for the three year old. Location was great to have access to several beaches, towns and restaurants. Jim and Meana were very cordial hosts. Would recommend as a place to stay while in the Wells area.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family