“Go ahead, try the fried clams.”

Governor's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Waterville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Dessert in Old Town, Bangor, Waterville, Ellsworth, Lewiston, & Presque Isle, Maine. We Eat Dessert First!
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Favorite with the locals. Amazing desserts and seafood. I always have the fried clams or lobster roll, but am told the haddock is delicious, too. Huge menu, including healthy offering like quinoa.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Dont go here food is awful. Had the scollops knew right away they were frozen not fresh under cooked, the fries even tasted horrible. Menu's were sticky and had dryed food stuck on them. The rug looks dirty andi would say its been there for 30 years. Stay away plain gross.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The only time I go is on black Friday. They offer a pretty good breakfast buffet. The price is great and you can usually get right in. I go with the group of people who I shop with on black Friday and we are always happy with the food and service. Real bacon and sausage and all the fixings for a great price. Fill up and finish Christmas shopping. Can't beat that!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We've eaten here over the years, but we are moving my mother-in-law from Maine so this was our last time here. The homemade food is so delicious and the friendliness of everyone is fantastic. Their baked goods are so divine and they have such a huge selection of goodies to go or enjoy right there. Their prices are reasonable and it's easy to get to. If you ever are in the area, definitely make time for this family oriented restaurant.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I was up in Maine, and decided to go to Governor's because it got good reveiws on tripadvisor. I was disappointed. I got the turkey dinner. The stuffing was hard, the potatoes were cold, and the turkey was tough with no taste. I did like the coleslaw and the applesauce, both were homemade. My husband got the Yankee pot roast, which he enjoyed. My daughter didn't like her chicken sandwich. They do have a bakery here, and we got rolls brought to the table -- which were very good. Our waiter was excellent. I filled out a survey at the end of the meal since I think it's important that they know where they can improve. There was a line to get in, so I would have assumed it was good food. I guess it depends on what you order. There is plenty of parking.