“Not pretentious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Just as it says "Family Steak House". Old fashioned Maine food for the whole family.
We shared the calamari. The chili sauce was perfect.
I had the fried platter and took 1/2 of it home. My husband had the steak tips. They were tasty and cooked perfect. Nothing fancy here folks. Just plain good food!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I always have a great time eating and drinking at Bullwinkle's, the staff is wonderful the drinks are perfect. Plus the pool table and jukebox on the lounge side is a huge plus. I like the entertainment and eating and laughing with good friends.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The neighborhood place to go to meet friends and have a great time with food and beverages. The staff makes you feel right at home.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

ABSOLUTELY the slowest kitchen/waitstaff EVER!! We arrived at 545pm with 7 adults and 1 child on a DEAD Wednesday nite.. we had 2 hours to order and eat,and to get back to our other children 3mins down the road.. well it was 25mins b4 waitress took drink orders, another 20mins to get them.. 25mins to get one loaf of dried up bread that no one hardly touched. we ordered apps and fried food..nothing complicated .. one hour and 25mins later we got rest of food and I'm afraid, to-go boxes as well because we didn't have time to eat a single bite..we r not here just once in a while..very loyal customers and this is the SAME story almost every time we r here..I have held back writing this review for a LONG time,hoping it would get better but not so much.. something really needs to change..cater to your LOCALS!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
4  Thank rmb08
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This was the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant. We arrived on a very busy night, which we took into consideration and there were 8 of us. We got sat immediately, which was great. We ordered our food. About 45 min. later some food showed up, but only 3 out of the 8 dinners came. About another 1/2 hour later the rest showed up. I won't even go into the kids Mac n cheese. It was enough for a 4 year old, served in a baby dish. My kid is 11. Needless to say we won't be back ever! And I'm sorry for the waitress we had. She was very embarrassed.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Lisa P
Todd M, Owner at Bullwinkle's Family Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Hi Lisa P. I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to let us know where we failed your party. As you were aware we were extremely busy Saturday night. We had a party of 30, a party of 10 and a party of 6 in the tavern plus the dining room was filling up with parties also. I remember your party specifically because the order came into the kitchen on 2 different tickets. The first order came in before the party of 30 in the bar and the second half of the ticket came in after. Your waitress came in immediately after she realized the mistake she made and made me aware of the 2 tickets that were supposed to be one. While cooking for the party of 30 and trying to keep tickets in order that were continuing to flow in I forgot about the error that had been made with your party. For this I am very sorry! We do everything to try and make everyones experience at our restaurant as enjoyable as possible and I failed. The portion of the kids mac & cheese is too small for an 11 year old growing boy and I will address that issue. Again I sincerely apologize for your experience with us and hope that in the future you will be willing to change your mind and give us another chance. I wish you and your family a very Happy Holiday season!