“Excellent stay from check in to check out!”

Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We checked in on Friday as part of hockey team. Staff was great, putting welcome snacks in our room. Great touch! The desk staff and breakfast staff were amazing! We can't wait to go back as they are truly accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I work at a local hotel, however due to company policy I was not able to stay with my incoming guests, so I choose to book a stay at the Hampton Inn for my best friend and her 6 year old daughter so we could all stay together. Jana was the front desk agent and by far the best one I have ever met (I have 4 years of hospitality experience in various departments’ including the front desk). When I told her we had a birthday girl among us the staff went out of there was to make the weekend extra special for her. She was given a bucket and beach ball (yes, it’s January, but she is 6 and she LOVED it) and some snacks. Every time we passed the desk Jana always asked us where we were headed or how we were doing when we got back. Even the women who ran breakfast stopped each morning to talk to us and see how we were doing and how the 6 year old liked everything. Everything about the stay was amazing, including the room, the bathroom, the location, the pool, EVERYTHING! Thanks to the friendly staff we are thinking of making it a yearly birthday tradition. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in South Portland.

1  Thank lyricrose_17
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Greeted by friendly smiles, staff very helpful in answering questions and meeting needs.
Warm cozy lobby, fire in the fireplace. Hot soup in the crock-pot.
Rooms smells fresh and clean. Beds look inviting. Nice big TV & lots of desk space. Quiet fan in the bathroom. Room heater was a little noisy but not bad. Very quiet room over two nights.
Cooked breakfast with all the trimmings. Nice tables and comfortable chairs, all included.
Friendly shuttle service to all the shopping venues and the airport.
Free parking.
Nothing bad to report - what's not to like?

I WILL go back!

Room Tip: We were given a choice and stayed ion the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sonny07
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed two nights over a weekend at the Hampton Inn in South Portland Maine during a quick January trip to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. As a Floridian who is terrified of winter roads, I chose this location for its proximity to both the airport and the mall. I had intended to use their airport shuttle, but got a rental car instead.

Check-in was quick and painless. I had pre-paid my stay in a room with a king size bed. I was traveling alone, but for some reason was given two keys. Greeting was warm and friendly.

Room was fresh, clean and pleasant. Front desk asked me what floor I wanted, but I couldn't imagine why that would matter. He offered a higher (4th) floor in a quiet location and I told him that was perfect. My view was of the mall - JCPenney where I ended up spending my little free time.

Hampton Inn offers a complimentary breakfast buffet which was pretty good. Each of the two mornings included some protein (particularly important to me); first day was egg & sausage and second day was a western omelette. I enjoyed the first more than the second, but at least there was some protein. Breakfast also included breads, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, waffle maker, juice and some (not too appetizing) fruit. I think the coffee station was always open and I really enjoyed that.

Room included WiFi which I used a lot - with great success. I did see a guest access computer near the lobby. Hotel offers an indoor pool and fitness center, but I didn't have a chance to even see either of them. Parking was adequate, but not particularly convenient. The parking lot more or less wrapped around the building, but there was a guest entrance only on the front and back.

Climate control in the room was adjustable by specific degree, but temp seemed to vary a lot (wasn't as stable as I like).

Bed was very comfortable with two wonderful pillows and two others I didn't care for - it was nice to have the variety. Room had a flyer indicating that comforter is laundered between guests, which is AWESOME. But the filling of it was quite "bunched up" like it had been washed many times. I would strongly prefer a blanket and bedspread. The comforter was either on or off during the night and with the room temp getting too cold, then getting too warm as the heater cycled on and off, I would have been much more comfortable with a blanket (and they also wash better than a comforter). Despite this nuisance, I slept well.

Bathroom was likewise clean and fresh. Temperature control in shower was awesome. Towels were nice quality although the bath towel was a little small.

TV offered more stations than the majority of hotels I've stayed in. Maid service was fine - timing was perfect as it allowed me a late start both days. When I got ice from the machine down the hall, I was surprised to be joined by a guest with a dog in her arms (not sure how they deal with a dog when traveling, but glad it wasn't me).

This was a trip to a family party and I booked the room to have my own space and come & go as I pleased. Location near mall and airport worked very well. I wouldn't hesitate to return!

2  Thank GottaLuvCruising
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our room was reasonable, had plenty of towels (which is a great relief compared to other similarly priced hotels), nice staff, good breakfast. Only negatives were carpet was slightly worn and you could hear road traffic.

1  Thank debbymaniac
1.2 km away
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
#7 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Hampton Inn Portland Airport? Share your experiences!