“We had another enjoyable meal here”

Maine Table Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 153 Restaurants in South Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 April 2018

When I had a hospital visit in December, we ate here twice, while staying in a nearby hotel. The waitress remembered us from last time, and welcomed us again. The food was excellent, the staff was friendly, and we had a very relaxing meal.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere! I went for an early dinner so it wasn’t busy. Great service, had a great booth by the fireplace. Blueberry margarita was yummy. Caesar salad was large and tasty. I chose the lobster Mac n cheese and was very impressed with the serving size and taste.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We ate here two nights in a row, when I was in Portland for hospital appointments. It was a very warm and welcoming restaurant, with a great menu. I have cancer, and can only eat liquids at the moment, and they were very glad to strain their lobster stew and clam chowder for me so I would be able to eat with my husband. It was delicious!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I arrived after a long perilous drive through snow blizzards. My hotel was over the road and the concierge didn’t give this place a great press only that compared to everything else it was probably the “least worst”. The others must be atrocious ! This is quite a soulless place. The greeter was pleasant and efficient, my server forgot I’d ordered a main course....quite an achievement for the Maine Room! I guess it might have been my accent, but given decidedly French speaking Canadians managed to work out what I wanted over the past week...who knows? The specialty clam chowder was actually ok, spoilt by being not very hot. The two local beers on draught I sampled were excellent. Eventually, once the misunderstanding was resolved my pork chop arrived. It was described as “centred” which explains the lack of bone, I actually prefer a chop to keep it’s integrity! The sweet potato fries were hot enough and plentiful, but it just didn’t seem an interesting offering or they even cared. That was it, it serves a purpose, but it’s dull as the proverbial.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This restaurant has a really good cheese and fruit plate. The cheese is made locally. The serving is large. The french oinion soup is delicious and perfectly prepared and served.