“Outrageous Doughnuts!”
Review of Little Bigs

Little Bigs
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in South Portland
Reviewed 16 November 2015

You will never eat a better doughnut anywhere - period. They are fresh and always interesting. Nutella and banana stuffed, dark chocolate covered, bacon topped crullers, Boston cream with delicious vanilla custard oozing from the midsection. If you haven't been, you must go. They also make delicious hand pies with all sorts of delicious fillings - Carolina BBQ, Texas chili (with fritos in the pastry!), the reuben . . . . all so wonderful.

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We stopped on a Monday around 1:30 or 2:00 and they had very little selection left (to be fair they were closing in an hour). I enjoyed my Maple Glazed Cruller a lot but my wife wasn't a fan of the apple donut. Wish they had a bigger selection since we specifically went there to try the raised banana nutella donut we saw on the website.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

Happened upon this great little place while enroute to the University of Southern Maine for a lacrosse game. Best hand pies and donuts I have ever had. Flavors are on point, several sweet and savory choices, and friendly staff. I had the potato quiche with spinach, goat cheese and tomatoes. So savory. My husband had their breakfast calzones and their reuben pie. Both were melt in your mouth and sinfully delicious. Prices were very good and I will make this a destination every time we are on the Portland area!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Their "pocket pies" are so delicious. Their samosas are excellent! According to my meat-eating family and friends, the cuban and the jerk are good, too. I brought a bunch to a baby shower and they were gobbled up, though some felt that the jerk was a bit spicy. I've never bought any of their sweet pies, I don't stray on the sweet stuff, as I live close to Scratch!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I ate my "Cronut" in the parking lot! It was hot, crispy, flaky, sugary. Little Bigs I had heard about on "Chronical" I believe. So when passing through Portland, I told my husband we had to stop. It's the tiny shop with the big taste. Looking at the specialty donuts on the rack made the mouth drool. It was hard to decide what to get. We got 2 cronuts, a s'mores donut ( glazed donut topped with chocolate then a graham cracker square, then a toasted marshmallow) and a vanilla glazed. A bit greasy, but specialty made, not like an assembly line donut shop. If you're passing through Portland, it's worth the stop.

Date of visit: July 2015