“Best overall experience”

Teriyaki Exchange
Ranked #49 of 156 Restaurants in South Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The first thing you notice when walking into Teriyaki Exchange, is how much fun and enthusiasm the staff has. I am always welcomed with huge smiles and big hello's, which starts my experience off right. There is usually one server and they are very personable, prompt and accurate. There is a large selection of sushi and sashimi, including the classics such as the California Roll, salmon and tuna. They also include some inventive rolls, including my two favorites, the Rainbow Mountains and the Super Dragon Maki. The rolls always seem fresh, never hard or too sticky. Prices are always right around or even cheaper than the places you'll find across the bridge, and there is no drop in quality.

The best part is always the boat they give you, there are always fun creations with fruit and vegetables that really add to the experience and the presentation is always great. Of course, to fill that boat, you have to dig deep into your pockets, but for my family it is always worth the price of admission. We've been coming here since it opened a couple years ago and are very thrilled that it has thrived, and hope we will be able to continue our patronage for the forseeable future!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I always enjoy their large selection of choices on their menu. The food is always hot, fresh and big portions! I have never been disappointed!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Best sushi and egg drop soup. Staff friendly and sushi made to order. Very fresh, good prices. Small but neat.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I have to say, I am continually impressed with there offerings, But I always order take out. Good size portions and lunch options are a STEAL!
Sushi is often good size and fresh - go for the "best sashimi sampler" best deal on the menu.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I loved this place. Very casual, no-fuss Asian dishes including sushi. I had the rainbow sushi and it was very, very good.