1,518 results
All reviewsmassage chairthe outdoor heated poolhot tubyear roundattached restaurantrestaurant next doorgreat poolroom was cleanfree breakfastdowntown portlandwafflesnew englandking roomeasy accesswould stay here againcookiesstaff was friendly
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We always find the Merry Manor a great place to stay. They have updated their rooms and the pool area is terrific. We really enjoy their breakfast with the many choices including those with food allergies. Great value.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm thrilled to know that you've chosen to stay with us again and again, and that you've seen firsthand the wonderful changes happening at the Merry Manor. We are very proud of all that we offer at a fraction of the price of Portland hotels, and we appreciate you taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This was my 2nd time visit to this hotel, a little disappointing. After a long day of driving, 4.5 hrs we finally got there, it's usually a 2.5 hr ride. I was looking forward to swimming in the wonderful pool and relaxing in the hot tub. The hot tub wasn't working. My husband went to get some ice and the ice machine was broken. There was an ice machine on the 3rd floor though. The air conditioner made so much noise we had to turn it off. Then it was so warm it was difficult to sleep. I will stay here again , hope the things that weren't working get fixed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback, Lori B. I'm so sorry to hear that this visit was disappointing for you and your husband. It was very frustrating to have the hot tub malfunction in the middle of our busiest season, and I understand how disappointing that was for our guests. Thankfully, everything is up and running just fine now. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide a much better experience on your next stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This hotel is a gem. Stayed 2 nights while visiting Maine, and could not have been happier. Extremely nice restaurant and bar on the premises. Very nice and private pool and hot tub area. Wonderful full breakfast buffet. Staff were great. We could find no fault with this hotel. Excellent!

Room Tip: Try to be close to the pool. It's great!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dashpardy
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely compliments! We can't tell you enough how much we appreciate you spreading the word, and we are so glad that you had such a nice visit with us. Please come back and see us again some time; we keep our pool open year-round, and it's such a fun experience to swim outside in the winter.

Thanks again!

Megan D.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Just started our short trip to new England. We enjoyed our stay in merry manor motel. The room was big enough for the 3 of us. Every thing is accessible for my mobility scooter. Friendly crew. Good place for visiting park Williams.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Passenger683493
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Fort Williams is amazing, and I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some of what this area has to offer. I hope you visit us on your next trip to New England, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Take care,
Megan D.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This was my second time staying at the Merry Manor for work. The front desk staff, per usual, were cheerful and helpful. I stayed in a room with a queen bed and a massage chair. I used that chair every day. Such a lovely surprise. I found the bed to be comfortable, the shower to have adequate water pressure, and the air conditioner to work very well. The Inn is convenient to downtown Portland as well as Cape Elizabeth.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina M

Thank you so much for your kind words, Christina M! We are thrilled that you decided to come back and see us a second time, and that you enjoyed the massage chair. Most of our single rooms have them, and guests seem to love them. I hope that you will continue to stay with us, and that you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Take care,