“Great Sushi”
Review of Kobe Buddha House

Kobe Buddha House
Ranked #47 of 152 Restaurants in South Portland
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Located in a strip mall, we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. Don't let appearances decieve you.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Sat at the sushi bar..had great service. Really tasty cocktails that weren't too boozy just well made. Had spicy tuna, edamame which was actually hot and steaming I almost fell over, dan dan noodles which used to be easy to get at asian restaurants but I rarely see them anymore and they were delicious. the crab creamcheese jalapeno poppers were fantastic and the beef dumplings very tasty! my only critique would be that the spicy cucumber should be shaved not sliced rounds....you just don't get enough of the delicious sauce on them--shaved thin would be better.....overall very nice meal.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Ok, so the entertainment factor was very good and the portions were very good as well, but the service was really slow. 10-15 minute wait after being seated to place a drink order and another 20 before it was served. Friday night or not, way too long. The salad was made...I don't know when and was served with "their" choice dressing. This is a "fair" restaurant...

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with my wife for a bite of sushi. Was greeted right away and offered hibachi or a table, done the hibachi a few times, chose the table. Think the waitress was new as she wasn't sure what my wife wanted when she ordered tuna sushi( thin piece of tuna on white rice) my wife got a spicy tuna on a bed of rice wrapped in a seaweed wrap.
The rolls we ordered were bigger then some of the other places we've had rolls . They were fresh and delicious. The fried rice(beef) we ordered was awesome, wife thought it was best she's ever had!!
Over all good experience and will go back!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We went in for a late dinner, I ordered the sushi deluxe and a couple of rolls.
The rainbow roll and yellow tail and scallion roll. My girl ordered an eel dish.
The food was great, fresh sushi and light gyoza and shrimp shumi to start.
The food was delicious and the portions good size.
The restaurant it very well decorated and fun.
Great for the whole family.