See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2013

VERY basic.I stayed there in an emergency situation as it was literally the only place for miles around.Friendly waitstaff at restaurant but room had NO information.No remote,basic cable.$70.
It wouldn't be my first choice if there were other options.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The Maine health department should close this place down. FILTHY. We travel a lot and have stayed in hotels in 48 states but I doubt we could have found a worse motel in the state of Maine. It was late,we were hungry and there was a cute little restaurant next door ( which by the way had great home cooked meals at very reasonable prices ). Motel looked OK from the outside and based on the clean and neat restaurant who took your $74.90 and issued keys we decided to stay. Don't make our mistake, drive the 10 extra miles to Houlton or sleep in your car; you'll be glad you did. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank WEB345
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Bed spread was covered in stains
Carpet had burns and stains
Sheets were stained
Pillows underneath the slips were heavily stained
Toilet was not cleaned from previous guests
Very outdated
Smelt of heavy smoke even though non smoking
Huge flies in room
$86.00 it should have at least been cleaned

Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank Cathyq12
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This place is really cheap. Non-smoking room with cigarette burns on the bed covers.
Bath room floor is rotted and soft to step on. Wanted to take a bath but it was so dirty, just grossed me out. No local channels on tv and very few channels to watch. WiFi is so slow I cant load anything. The food next door was average. I suggest going the extra mile to Houlton or stop in Sherman ($55) for a better room but limited places to eat.
If you have to stay dont let them stick you in room 2 at ($64.20) a nite.
Maybee thats why I'm the only one staying here.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank taxmandf
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I stayed overnight - having traveled from Nova Scotia. While the motel is clearly older the room was spotless and smelled fresh. The staff were unbelievably friendly and courteous. The restaurant had good old fashioned home cooking that was excellent and reasonably priced.

It is located literally right off the 95 Interstate - easy to find! And the scenery is wonderful - trees as far as you can see.

I would not hesitate returning to this hidden little gem and highly recommend it.

T. Dutchyn