“Bedbugs”
Review of Pinewood Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skowhegan
Pinewood Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Skowhegan
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I am usually quite kind and generous with my reviews. After spending last night there and getting several bites on both my husband and myself. We notified the owner and asked for refund. We told him we got bitten by bedbugs. He said no evidence he can see but agreed to give us our money back. His wife called later in the day saying they don't have bed bugs and they only bite on your torso. I had been been bitten everywhere including my right eye that was swollen shut. I was disgusted and suggested she sleep there . I was a nurse for Thirty years and know what bedbug bites are. They burn and itch and form big welts. So because of her defiance I wrote this review. Truth is hard to tell but read this before you stay. They can't fix a problem they say they don't have.

Room Tip: Don't go to room 7
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My family and i where going to a event about 20 minutes from the hotel. I checked a few reviews first and desided to stay there. The price was good and the kids wanted a place with a pool. As i entered the office there was a strange oder like wet dog (not sure really) check in person was nice. As i entered the room it smelled like stale air. Needs painting and there was cigarette stains in the bathroom. The ac was dirty and loud we couldnt keep it on. The pool was very cold. As we was trying to enjoy the pool other people (maybe long term rentals ) showed up with thier friends and where smoking and drinking in the pool area. That is when we desided to go back to the room. Later that night my husband wanted a snack however the vending machine was out of order. It said coffee and donuts but when we left at 715 there waa none to be found. Also no shampoo or tissues and no phone in the room. Shower went hot to cold in a matter of seconds. I should have slept on the floor it would have been better then the beds due to the beds being so hard. Whats the point of having pillows when they are so flat it's like there wasnt any. Save a little extra money and stay at a nicer hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank michael f
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. I stayed Oct 2015 and they were very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for something fancy you'll need to try somewhere else. I am working so most of my time spent in the room is sleeping only. Which is fine. The price is reasonable especially compared to neighboring hotels. It's private. It is now April 2016 and I am coming back to stay still because of the prices of the other hotels are really not worth it. Like I said if you are working up here it is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank hangnloose
Reviewed 10 September 2015

The room was very clean, but could use some updating. It had a great pool and the owners were very friendly and helpful.Just a few miles from the restaurants and shops.
The owners are biker friendly!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2015

1st look was small motel, but inside it clean and cute office, owners are great, have a pool .The room was spotless with clean and country type spreads bed a alittle hard but comfy, bathroom spotless also has wifi if needed

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skowhegan
21.7 km away
Kyes Motel
Kyes Motel
#3 of 4 in Skowhegan

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Skowhegan

Been to Pinewood Motel? Share your experiences!