All reviewsfront deskshuttle servicerizwan marfanicrackersroom was cleanmaine malloutdoor poolyogurtthe breakfast areafree breakfastthe general managerfree shuttlepleasant stayoff the highwayscrambled eggsconvenient locationstayed here for one night
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Arrived in time for happy hour (read:warm cookies, crackers and dip) - pleasantly met by check-in staff and given keys for rooms - old style Fairfield - elevator in lobby but just off entry. Hallways and elevator carpet need some addressing. Room was pleasant with the typical Marriott trend upgrades. Room was functional but small for a king bed (reminded me of a Microtel stay recently). Service staff were pleasant, pool was warm, breakfast bar was quite adequate though not cook-to-order. Overall, a good stay, and convenient to many box stores and restaurants. They also offer a shuttle to within so many miles of the motel which I believe covers part of downtown Portland.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I was impressed before I arrived that I received a welcoming email from the General Manager indicating their commitment to service and to be in contact if I needed anything. I arrived at the hotel at 12:10 (used digital check-in to let them know when I'd arrive) and was told check I. wasn't until 3PM. They had no rooms available. The two front desk people were less than helpful and I asked to see the manager. A housekeeping supervisor showed up independent of my request (the manager was at his office door watching but said and did nothing), hit a couple of keystrokes, and a room materialized. What was most disappointing is 15 minutes later a couple checked in and was go even a room immediately. Even though room assignment is supposed to be first come, first served (what I was told), these people were accommodated because they may have reserved a specific room. I don't know the details, but my check in as a Gold Elite member of Marriott Rewards shouldn't have been a hassle; the manager's decision to totally avoid the situation was disappointing.

The room was fine (not as clean as it should have been) and breakfast typically Fairfield. The location is convenient to the airport and to the highways (I-295, I-95) and to Portland downtown. The staff at breakfast were cordial and helpful, which was in stark contrast to the front desk staff the day before; the front desk staff in the morning was a nice (positive) contrast.

I wouldn't avoid the hotel. I'd only be prepared for a less warm welcome and being accommodated than I find is usual at Marriott-branded hotels.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

If everyone was as nice and sweet as Saleh, the world would definitely be a better place. He was the most amazing person to work with and made our stay the best. I’ve never received better service than what he provided. The world needs more Saleh’s

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kenziecampbell
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I admit - I chose this hotel based on price alone after experiencing sticker-shock at the room rates for downtown Portland. It's a reasonably good location, about 10-15 mins from downtown, so the significantly less expensive room made it worth staying there. However, it's a very no-frills hotel. Our room was small - especially the bathroom. The room had a strange smell - not exactly bad, but 'off'. We weren't sure if it was a cleaning product or mustiness from the recent humid days. We didn't use the pool or have breakfast onsite.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Great location,exceptional staff. Clean and well run: be advised, an original Fairfield; they have done everything possible to design the small rooms with all the standard amenities however there are no closets, no suites, everything is hung on walls including ironing board, iron, small clothes rack and iron. Cudos to office supervisor Jerry Moothart,desk clerk Melissa and food service Edwina Bates for their professionalism.

Room Tip: All rooms similar this property does not have suites
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple