“Fun with Friends”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2015

A couple of childhood friends and I get together every other month or so and choose restaurants in So. Portland as it is a central meeting spot for all of us. We thought we would give a sushi restaurant a try and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is nice - with good music playing in the background. Good wine and one person ordered sushi and two of them enjoyed it. I ordered the chicken stir fry - it was delicious. Their house sauce had great flavor while being sweet. My friends each had bibim bap and the presentation was lovely and they said the meal was good as well. Service was good - the two people working there were quiet but efficient. We enjoyed it and will return at some point..

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We have visited Nara a number times in the past and were very disappointed on this visit. The quality of food seems to have gone down greatly as the quality of the sushi did not seem to be of top quality. The Sake was rather tough and the size of the individual pieces of nigiri was rather small as compared to the many other sushi restaurants we visit. My wife also had Pad Thai and found this lacking in taste as the sauce was too sweet and there were no peanuts with the dish nor were there any limes accompanying it. After having enjoyed the restaurant in the past, we don't think we will be returning.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Came here for dinner with a couple of friends and had a great time and the food was good but overall wasn't too impressed with the serving staff. They were not very attentive and didn't give water until we asked, and then didn't fill the glasses once empty. But the food was very good and everything tasted great! they have a good selection for sushi and have pictures to show you what you are ordering. They offer some Korean dishes too which is really cool. I want to come back and try some of those dishes

Reviewed 30 May 2015

We decided to try this place, since neither of us had ever been there. Walked in and first impression was interesting ambience. We were seated and brought two small sauce dishes - both of which were dirty. I said if the first things on the table are dirty, I don't really want to wait for the rest. One would have to presume everything else was dirty. We left.

Reviewed 13 March 2015

Felt the waiter's understanding of english left a lot to be desired, but the FOOD was outstanding! I had a beef bibim bap and I could have licked the bowl out for every last morsel, and I wasnt even very hungry when we sat down. It was perfect. Perfect! My first time trying sushi - I tried a thing that had tuna in it, and it was tasty, but I probably wouldn't seek it out. That's about my tastebuds, not the quality of it. I will remember that bibim bap for a long time. And it won't be long before I go back to have it again. It's a huge portion, so be prepared!