“Awesome!!!”

Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Scarborough
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Egg & I Scarborough, Maine breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I cant say anything bad about this great restaurant. Quality of the food, excellent service, friendly staff. The EGG and I is step up on breakfast and lunch you have got to try either location in Portland and Scarborough!!

1  Thank Martin M

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had over 10 people over for breakfast and despite being busy, we were seated and had fabulous service and an amazing variety of food that kept everyone happy ! Great coffee and bottomless cup. Terrific location and by far the best breakfast in Maine !

1  Thank Paul G
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thanks so much, Paul! This is just what we love to hear. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here for breakfast...didn’t realize it was a chain...food just OK...bad coffee...service just OK...would not come back.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for stopping by. It is our goal to WOW each and every guest that visits us, so I am saddened to hear this wasn’t the case with you. We do hope you give us another chance in the future to do just that.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I moved up to Maine 19 years ago. Aside from seafood restaurants, restaurants at the lower end like subs, pizza, burgers etc can be hit or miss. This was a perfect breakfast. They even had grits. A rarity in these part. Great breakfast at a very busy time.

1  Thank Keith N
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks for the great review, Keith! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had a large party and we’re well taken care of with speedy service and fair prices. A huge menu and all was delicious and this will certainly be a regular stop for us as a family .

1  Thank Paul G
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thanks for stopping by, Paul. We truly value those five stars and hope to see you again soon!