All reviewsfront deskbedroom suitehot tubroom was cleansocial houran upgradewafflesfresh fruitfirst floorsitting areathe breakfast areaold portcomplimentary breakfastold orchard beachdennishighwayportland
Reviewed 1 May 2016

In hundreds of hotel rooms, I have managed to have toilet paper. Not in this place. From parking tickets to noisy pipes to no toilet paper, if you want to save 50 cents then at least remember to bring your own toilet paper.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 19frankrier51
greeney72, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

I am very sorry that you were not able to find the toilet paper. In addition to the roll they leave in the bathroom, we always put an additional roll under the bathroom sink outside the bathroom. Again, I apologize if you were not told were to find it. In addition to that, if you were ever to run out, we are more than happy to provide you with as much as you you need. Thanks again for choosing the Residence Inn, and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Adam G.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Checking in, we were greeted with a smile and an offer of fresh, homemade baked chocolate chip cookies... right out of the oven. Our room was very clean and the facilities were excellent. After a busy day about downtown Portland, we enjoyed both the hot-tub and the pool to help relax after such a busy day. The morning breakfast was adequately prepared with a generous selection of items... scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage patties, egg muffins, hot waffles, and an abundant supply of fresh fruit. The breakfast steward was very friendly and efficient in making sure everything was prepared just the way we wanted it... overall, a great family place to stay.

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, the suite offers a bit more privacy in that the bedroom is separate from the living area...
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
greeney72, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

All of us here at The Residence Inn would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip to Portland. Its was great to hear that you really enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast, and also found time to utilize out indoor heated pool and hot tub. The only thing I didn't see mentioned was our fitness room, so I just thought I would mention it in the event you returned to stay with us. We offer a 24 hour fitness room which contains all cardio equipment such as treadmills, stair masters, and an elliptical machine. In the event that you are interested in using actual weights, we will also provide you with a day pass to the local gym on us. Thank you again for staying with us, and we will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here due to my son having a medical appointment in the morning. I had asked for a room near the elevator or exit since I was traveling with a disabled child. Room wasn't what I would consider near an exit or an elevator.

Lobby is fine. Overall room was nice. Sink mirror looks old and is starting to have peeling look about it. Bathroom needs to be scrubbed a little more in the corners of floors. Hot water in the shower was not very good. Couldn't get the water hot enough.

We didn't really use the kitchenette area, but appliances were in nice shape.

Breakfast the next morning was pretty good. Scrambled eggs, potato patties, ham slices and home fries with sausage and peppers, waffles, cereal, fruit and yogurt were available.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
greeney72, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Hi Donna

I really glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. I am sorry if we weren't able to get you as close to the elevator as you would have liked, but he always do our best to accommodate all guest requests whenever possible. I wish you were travelling under different circumstances, and I truly hope all went well with your son at his doctor's appointment. The hotel will be renovating all the guest rooms next year, so I hope you and your family will find some time to come back and visit. We would love your opinion once the renovation is complete. Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn, and best wishes to you son.

Adam

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very personable gentleman that checked us in, It was very welcoming and he let us know they had upgraded us from a studio to 1 bedroom.
The room was nicely decorated and the space was ample. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. We took advantage of the buffet breakfast -typical eggs,sausages, waffles,cold cereal,fruit etc. It was plenty and tasty.
Location is great- right across from shopping center and close to mall area.
Rate was good and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Hillier86
greeney72, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Hillier86,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay went at The Residence Inn. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you were also able to take advantage of the complimentary buffet breakfast in the morning. I hope you had a chance to get some use out of the indoor heated pool and hot tub. If not this time, hopefully the next time your travels bring you back to the area, your able to do so. Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Great place for either a long or short term stay..The location is great as it right off the main highway and close to shopping, restaurants and the airport..There is a supermarket located just across the street that you can walk to...The suites and common areas are very clean. The beds are comfortable...The suites are nicely decorated...Thank you to Adam for the welcoming expedient check in process...Thank you to a wonderful woman named Pat who coordinates the evening reception...She goes above and beyond to give excellent service...I didn't get to take advantage of the buffet breakfast but it looked clean and well organized...I have stayed at this location a number of times and will continue to do so when I am in the area..

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 183philipj
greeney72, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Hi Phillip

Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments about not only the hotel, but also the staff. Pat especially really appreciated all the kind words you to say about her. We are so glad to here you enjoy staying here. I'm glad to hear that you really enjoyed the evening mix. I hope the next time your able to take advantage of the hot buffet breakfast as well. On the days we have the evening mix, 2 meals included in the price makes a stay here a real bargain. One thing I didn't see any mention about was our indoor heated pool and hot tub. I hope you were able to find some time to utilize that. If not, please make sure you give it a try on your next visit. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and if you need anything else, please feel free to call m e anytime.