See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Rooms are clean and plenty of room, ask for the front rooms if you want the view of the lake and the second floor for the balcany, have stayed there before enjoyed it before and still pleasant, clean, good location. Price for the room was real good paid 76.00 with tax.

Room Tip: call early not the week before
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgervais19
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay the night because rain had hijacked my plans for camping. After a search and a few phone calls, I came upon this little Inn. The young woman who was the desk clerk was so much more than a desk clerk. She assured me that they had a room, at a very reasonable price (and it was), and asked if I'd like one on the second floor with a balcony looking out on the lake for the same price. Never one to turn down a great view, I accepted.

Upon arriving, she was just as pleasant and helpful as she'd been on the phone, and she helped me decide where to sample the local treat - buckwheat pancakes called ployes - and they had great seafood too (Dolly's in Frenchville).

The rooms are spacious, clean, and pleasant, and all the amenities are carefully taken care of.

I can't recommend this little gem nearly enough, and whenever I'm in northern Maine, I'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If it's not offered, ask for a second floor room with the balcony looking out at the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visit Madwaska at least once a year. This is my first time staying here, and certainly not our last. We did not stay in the lodge. We had a "cottage" on the lake. It's actually an apartment with a deck right on the lake. Beautiful and serene. It's on the sunrise side, and every morning I awoke to the sound of water, loons, and ducks. We had a bedroom, small kitchen with seating at the counter, a living room, and a good size bathroom. Everything we needed was here. One trip to the grocery and we did not have to leave for days. There is a deck with a grill, a picnic table. A lovely breeze. Cable and wifi if you want it, but it's the perfect place to be off the grid. Hardly any traffic on the road....so it's quiet. There is a library within walking distance and a nice old cemetery. Free breakfast comes with your stay, but we enjoyed having coffee on our deck too much to leave. I highly recommend a stay here. Clean and incredibly reasonable for what you get.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Thank DanceFitnesswit... S
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful visit. Quaint and Charming. Very clean. Lots of space in the room. Has a small bar that stays open until 11. Good continental breakfast - no eggs but plenty of bakery choices as well as clementines, bananas and yogurt. Looks like a lot of repeat clientele based on my conversations from people I met in the bar. Really sweet owners. Will definitely come here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I recently had a four night stay with my wife and two young children. We did not know what to expect when we booked. We were very pleased with the hospitable staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. Beds and rooms were comfortable and the free continental breakfast was a great way to the start the day before exploring the beautiful St. John River valley.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family