“A Maine Classic!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockwood
Historic Pittston Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rockwood
Reviewed 25 October 2017

The trip here was amazing !! Fall colors were off the charts. The food was just yummy! Home made bread and everything was so fresh. The staff is friendly and efficient. If you haven't been here you need to make the trip. It is open year round so make the journey! We will be back. It is a Maine classic.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

An oasis for ATVers! We stopped for lunch. Food was excellent. The cook made bismarks for the diners on request after some locals raved about them. Portions are large and prices are reasonable. The views here are nice and the history is neat. Wouldn't go out of my way for this place but as a day trip by ATV from Jackman it's a great ride (125 miles round trip if you hit Seboomook Dam too).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

This past weekend was our first snowmobiling trip to Maine and we decided to stay at Pittston Farm based on feedback we'd seen on Facebook. We weren't familiar with this part of Maine and found we could have cut 1.5 hours off our 5.5 hour trip if we stayed in Greenville. We wondered if the extra drive would be worth it or not.

When we arrived the staff was really friendly. They found us a map of the trails and gave us some recommendations for trails to ride. They kept their gas pumps open late so we could leave for a ride with full tanks. We couldn't be happy with the conditions of their trails. They do a great job grooming after a day of running the place.

During a long day ride we had a breakdown on the way back to the inn just before dark. We were about 40 miles out and had to tow a machine all they way back. We were stuck on the trails much longer/later than we expected but eventually made it back after a few complications. Dinner service was long over but when they overheard how our day went and that we hadn't eaten they whipped up some warm food to make sure we weren't hungry.

We couldn't have been more thrilled with the staff and can't wait to return. It's definitely worth the extra time to have that type of hospitality.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josh G
Reviewed 18 November 2016

What an awesome spot. I'm a foody overlander from VT where I'm used to great farm-table dining and, to be honest, I didn't expect much from this remote establishment that caters mainly to hunters and snowmobilers. We were camping out of our expensive overland vehicles (Land Rovers, Toyota Land Cruisers, late model Jeeps) on our dirt road expedition from NH to the Quoddy light house and it was cold and windy out so we decided to skip our provisions and support the farm restaurant, again not expecting much. Well, boy were we wrong. Not only did we have a blast having a cocktail in owner Jennifer's well-stocked bar, we also had an awesome spot for dinner for our rather large group out on the porch. The real highlight was the incredible chicken cordon bleu. I mean, for a dish that one usually experiences only at banquets, we were just amazed. This hearty ample-portioned meal was just exquisite. Served with fresh home-baked milk rolls, the food just melted in your mouth. A much-needed savory delight on a cold and windy night. After dinner, we picked other owner Guy's brain about the do's and don't's of exploring the NMW and we don't think there's a more knowledgeable person on the subject on the planet. Altogether a fantastic time at Pittston Farm!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2016

As a part-time resident of the north woods of Maine, I frequent Pittston Farms on a regular basis to grab a bite to eat while snowmobiling and hunting. I have always found the previous owners through the years very accommodating especially when assistance is needed for flat tire or a break down of some sort. People helping people in these remote areas is depended upon and this usually goes both ways. So this past weekend while hunting, my brand new boats (Rockys) developed a leak and here I am in the middle of the north Maine woods hunting with wet boats and I still had most of the day to hunt. To make a long story short, I was near Pittston Farms and realized that they have a clothes washer and dryer, so this gave me an idea to see if they can dry my socks and use my back up boots to continue my hunt. When I arrived at Pittston Farms, I noticed that I was the only one present and felt comfortable with not bothering the owners with this simple request because it was a slow day. When I found the new owner, I asked her if I might be able to throw my socks in the dryer for a couple of minutes and she just glared at me like I'm out of my mind and stated that they are too busy! So I politely thanked her for her time and left a little discourage. Yes I realize it's over wet socks, no biggy, but when you really need their assistance for something a little more complex, will they deliver?

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Mainena
PittstonFarm, Owner at Historic Pittston Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

I usually do not reply to peoples reviews on here. Whereas I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, seriously???? To start with, we ALWAYS make accommodations for our guests to do their laundry and we do it for them at no cost. But to have someone just stop in and request to use our dryer when are not staying with us, just driving by ....truthfully most days we surely would have let you. The particular day that you stopped in was surely not a slow day. Just because there was not 100 vehicles in the yard doesn't mean we are not busy. This day we had several rooms to get ready for our guests to check in later that day and we were down to only one dryer. So no I did not stop everything we had going on and cater to your wet socks. And if that upset you then I am truly sorry. But just let me know how many other hotels would you be able to drive into and just ask them to put your socks in their dryer?
Our hospitality and going out of our way to assist our customers is something we pride ourselves in. But obviously I guess we can not make everyone happy.

Been to Historic Pittston Farm? Share your experiences!