“First Impressions!”

Claddagh Motel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My Fiance and I were heading up to Maine to visit some friends this past weekend, and came across Claddagh, after reading some reviews here we decided to give it a shot and we were pleasantly suprised. The room was extremely clean, location was very nice, and Alex we definately the most friendly person I have ever met in my motel travels, Truely was a pleasure, and we will absolutey stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank RobSarro

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed again at the Claddagh for the third (or maybe fourth) time and felt we needed to say (again) how much we love it. It is charming, very homey, and has the most wonderful hosts we have EVER encountered in our 40+ years of traveling. It is substantially less expensive than other places in the immediate area and well worth it. As the owners stated in their response to one review, their website shows exactly what you will get, which is Irish charm at a great value. If it important for you to have a room that looks exactly like every chain motel in the US, that's what you should book (at a much higher price). And, regarding the breakfast, the earlier reviewer's comment that the only items available were "Boxed donuts, unripe bananas, poor coffee" is (trying to be tactful here....) not true, unless the owners lapsed into an unexplained coma. Breakfast always features their fabulous homemade authentic scones, as well as many other continental breakfast items. We foolishly stayed at another nearby property, complete with bland decor and anti-social uninformed desk staff, for one night a few years ago, and RAN back to the Claddagh the next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barbara1973
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My family and I stayed here over Columbus Day weekend. We were quite pleased to discover that our "suite" was actually a 2-bedroom, 1 bath, 1 kitchen apartment, which had ample space for our two children and ourselves. The kitchen was well-stocked, and had we been willing to cook on our mini-vacation, we could have done so easily. The beds were comfortable and faced away from the highway, which was a good thing, as Route 1 can be noisy. The entire apartment was perfectly clean, with zero signs of bedbugs. The decor is not to my taste, because I don't care for lace and frills, but if you like stenciling and painted beams and throw pillows, you will be thrilled. We only interacted with the host during breakfast, and he was quite friendly and willing to give advice about the area. Breakfast was adequate, but with delicious scones - not too heavy, not too buttery or sweet - perfect, really.

There is a small beach that is a part of the property. You have to walk through another rental house's yard (the rental house also belongs to the hotel), and the beach is typical small Maine beach. Your kids can get their feet wet, but we were there at low tide, and so it was too mucky to do much wading.

If you are interested in a place to have as a homebase for exploring Central Maine, I highly recommend this hotel. We thought we would go into Camden, but ended up spending all our time in the Rockland area. We went to the lighthouses, took the ferry to Vinalhaven, toured the Farnsworth, and explored the ridiculously quaint and cute village of Rockland. The pizza place is good, and so is the Mexican one.

Room Tip: Two-bedroom suites were an outstanding value.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank WittmannAbroad
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The Gilmores and the Claddagh itself was such a wonderful experience.
This was a return visit and although I have never written a review before,
I found this necessary for me to do because I wanted others to share these experiences
Apart from the clean, tidy, pleasant accommodations, the Gilmores were always there to be asked questions about the area(and they knew it) as well as always being accommodating to my special needs
It made this vacation a sheer delight

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank RachelHecht
Reviewed 3 November 2011

On a recent trip through Maine I had the pleasure of staying at the Claddagh for a couple nights. The room I was given was very clean and exhibited a pure Irish country cottage charm. The grounds were spacious and well maintained. The Claddagh is run by a warm, witty, and friendly couple (Alex and Siobhan) who took a genuine interest in my comfort. I can, without hesitation, give the Claddagh two thumbs up and recommend it to all! I will certainly "check in" with the folks at the Claddagh anytime I find myself in Maine.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
5.2 km away
0.9 km away
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Claddagh Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!