New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Roslyn, New York
“A sheer delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

The Gilmores and the Claddagh itself was such a wonderful experience.
This was a return visit and although I have never written a review before,
I found this necessary for me to do because I wanted others to share these experiences
Apart from the clean, tidy, pleasant accommodations, the Gilmores were always there to be asked questions about the area(and they knew it) as well as always being accommodating to my special needs
It made this vacation a sheer delight

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank RachelHecht

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

On a recent trip through Maine I had the pleasure of staying at the Claddagh for a couple nights. The room I was given was very clean and exhibited a pure Irish country cottage charm. The grounds were spacious and well maintained. The Claddagh is run by a warm, witty, and friendly couple (Alex and Siobhan) who took a genuine interest in my comfort. I can, without hesitation, give the Claddagh two thumbs up and recommend it to all! I will certainly "check in" with the folks at the Claddagh anytime I find myself in Maine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin C
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I really have to look at these ratings a bit more carefully. Can a lot of people who have only written one review be trusted? No, maybe not.

The pros- Conveniently located right on Rt.1 and still I found it very quiet at night. The room was very clean, the bathroom spotless. Lovely thick towels and comfortable bed. Wi-fi..the owner was very pleasant and helpful.

Cons- The decor is dated and a few tile issues in the bathroom. As another reviewer said, the window curtain in the bathroom appears be be cut from a shower curtain and stretched across the window. Noisy A/C unit right over my head in bed.The decor is dated, but still nice...the rug though really has to be replaced with one from the 21th century.
The breakfast was...well, bad. Boxed donuts, unripe bananas, poor coffee and little place to sit.
I went to McD'd down the road, which has good coffee these days.

Is it worth the money? Well, it is pretty reasonable for the area but there are a lot of choices along the road there, several motels that looked nice. If I was in the area again I would try one of the others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank caitemaire
lacks, Owner at Claddagh Motel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Regarding this review there are a few issues that I need to address. While this guest acknowledged some of our good points he also had some negative comments too. All our rooms are shown on our web site so what you see is what you get. The room decor is visible aswell as the location of the air conditioners all out there on our web site for the world to see.There is no deception here. If one doesn't like the cozy country charming look our motel is not the place for you. Our rooms are decorated in the old world country style with painted beams,lace tablecloths etc! so definitely not for those who favor the more modern look/ decor. I have travelled far and wide due to my children attending school and college out of state. This means I've stayed in numerous hotels/motels from the chains to the smaller pricvately owned ones. I have never yet come across an air conditioner that's silent. They all have motors in them that come on and shut off when certain temperatures are met. Our continental breakfast is offered daily during the season and comprises of at least 10 different food items. Never,never did we have just banannas and donuts. It can happen periodically that the banannas are green but whatever the supermarket has is what I get.. I have no choice but to take what they have in stock The breakfast coffee is the same brand and made the same way for the last fifteen years. No one has ever complained about it until now. However, we have coffee makers and coffee packets in all our rooms . The coffee packet can make up to twelve cups of coffee so this guest could have made his own if he wasn't happy with our breakfast coffee.We werer utterly shocked to read that he/she thought our carpets were very dated as we changed all carpets and under pads in the Fall of 2010. They are not even a year old yet. Finally ,regarding our bathrooms ,they are all the original but are very well maintained,highly functional and spotlessly clean. For a small seasonal motel like ours to change their bathrooms would incur a huge price increase on our guests. This is not necessary as they are very adequate just the way they are.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Claddagh for a single night, and we would recommend it to anyone! Chatted with Alex (one the the owners) about sports while enjoying the nice weather outside our room. They don't care if you fill up your cooler from the ice machine, which surprisingly everywhere else we stayed prohibited that. That was a big plus for us since we were on a road trip. Very much enjoyed our stay! Super close to Camden as well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

Definitely my favorite place to stay in the Rockland/Camden area. It's always very clean and comfortable and the owners Alex and Siobhan are absolutely lovely. Alex will definitely keep you laughing with all his stories! The guest book is always chock full of glowing reviews from guests. Don't bother overpaying for some place in downtown Camden. Stay here and make the 10 minute trek up Route 1, you will be glad you did!

Room Tip: Just tell Alex what you need and he'll direct you to the best room.