See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Big sporting event means this was last available place in town...(first hint). Well equipped but not maintained. I stayed 8 nights and the property was never full. Main light fixture overhead did not work, owners never attempted to fix it. Room was not serviced one day. Trash in room was never emptied till overflowing on last day! No soap in bathroom. Towels so threadbare they resembled cheesecloth. Pipes froze one day (no water) and owners seemed not to care or offer any options. Owners did not know which wifi signal to use of the 2 and offered 2 passwords..."its one of these". Seemed to have little pride in the product they offered. When locals asked me where I was staying I kept getting the same response: "Is that place still open?" Suitable for a one night stay perhaps but this is the last place in town I'd stay.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Craig R
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Me and my wife contacted Northern Lights Motel 9 months in advance to make a reservation and spoke to the owner, Marsha Martin about our requirements for our satisfaction. We were not disappointed as we found our room to be very clean and comfortable. It was understood that the motel is not a modern motel but reflected a time of yesterday, which is owned and operated as a Mom and Pop service. Marsha and Fern were very friendly and very helpful for all of our needs and made us very comfortable. We were in the motel for 17 days in October, the cool times of the Fall season and our room stayed at a comfortable 70-71 degrees F.
The room was equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave that performed well. The TV had many good stations and worked perfectly. The motel was only one mile from Presque Isle, a easy trip to several places to get a meal. Our favorites while there were Teresa's Café and the Governors Restaurant. Also the Bonanza steakhouse with buffet was excellent. There is a WalMart super center which is required by most folks today and other great vendors to do business with.
I would recommend this motel to anyone that wants a economically priced motel which this motel is below all other motel prices in Presque Isle. .

Room Tip: Park your vehicle at the door of your room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alvis J
Reviewed 2 June 2015

My son and I stayed here. I called ahead to check on availability and also let them know that I needed high speed internet for work and college assignments. They assured me that they just upgraded and I would be satisfied. I booked the room. We arrived that evening and checked in. I did not have any shampoo and when I asked they gave me a bottle that must of come out of another room left by someone. At least I had something to use. We got into the room and the carpet was all stained. Which is fine for the most part as I know there is a lot of traffic in and out. But when you add it all up... It turned out to be a chilly night and chilly in the room, we turned the heat up and it took over an hour for the heat to come on. I was trying to log on the internet but it would not connect. I called the front desk and she assured me that it should work and that if I could not get it to try and call her back and let her know. I tried for half an hour with no results. I called back and she did not answer, this was around 9pm. Now with not internet I could not upload my work and do my school assignments. I know that internet should not be a ratings criteria perhaps, but when I specifically asked prior to paying for room, and then brought it up again at the front desk and then, when it didn't work, to receive to solution. I could have been moved. I have never written a negative review and this is quite bothersome to me. But I had my needs for business. This is not acceptable. Expensive to stay for two people for the amenities you receive. I could have paid $20 more and had breakfast, pool and internet.

Room Tip: get a room close to the center of the motel.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank David B
Reviewed 3 September 2014

During the Annual Acadian festival In August 2014, hotel room were almost nonexistent in Northern Maine. My wife and I used Trip Advisor to review the few motels. Northern Lights was described by reviewers as in a turn-around by new owners but clean and friendly. We booked a room for 1 night. It was awful. The carpet was dirty, ugly and probably full of fleas or mites. The room was 1950s. Nothing was clean. In the middle of the night I began to get bug bites. If there were any other hotels, I would have escaped. We endured until dawn and scrammed. I left a note explain the bug infestation but never heard from the owners. Stay away!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rodandbabysaver
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I attended a conference at one of the larger Hotels/Inns in town; but, I did not want to stay there. Branching out to this little motel completely satisfied my needs and budget. AND I am fussy. No curb appeal so I was a little hesitant. I was greatly relieved to find the owner was a warm, well groomed, immaculate house-keeper. Nothing fancy just the basics. But quiet, safe, clean and half the price of the other establishment. The only motel I have ever been where I did not have to use my own pillow...it was that clean. No blustering noise from other guests...total peace.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business